• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

COPPER R1

I will have them in my hands in another couple weeks. We can investigate together. All I'm doing is putting in new lenses and a rubber kit.... He said he doesn't wanna sell.
Interesting. But I can bet my first born thats not real, and was plated. As I know there are only three.

I’m probably in the minority but I’m glad they chose to go with the penny instead—if we can only have one.
I would speculate the Copper Penny was always gonna be the one to have that finish since it tracks. I have always thought an Olympic/precious mettle color scheme would be better suited to the R1 since they were getting promoted by athletes from launch. A Gold/Silver/Bronze would've been super sexy, they throw in xmetal as a participation trophy = )

Last edited:
They’re copper and searilzed so it looks like the copper was there before the serial went on and there’s only one way for that to happen. Seems legit to me. Where he got them from maybe not but no way an after market plating job could save the serial like that but I’m no expert. I would ask @zwc0442 or @Bonz-1 they are experts.

Back