• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Couple New Items + PROJECT

Oakster

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Canada
First up is the project. I (after nearly a year of waiting/figuring out shipping) finally received a surfboard. Apparently it's an Oakley surfboard (the one with the flames on the bottom) that someone painted over. I will hopefully be able to get this terrible artwork off of here leaving me with what I want. It's actually a pretty well known artist in Vancouver that painted it. I'm excited to get going on it, but I have had very little time lately (see behind the surfboard - I have a mess of cases right now that I haven't had a chance to sort out). Wish me luck!!
DSC07465_zps78847de4.jpg
2nd is a Craftsman displayer. I guess I'll have to collect this series now. I really like this display as it's made out of wood and very organic feeling.
DSC07472_zps5e5c1c27.jpg
And a couple other items from a member and member's brother.
DSC07473_zps17b4a11c.jpg

Very nice stuff. :)
It's almost a shame to destroy that artwork.

I thought about that for a 2nd, then realized it's like someone tagging a historic building - I'm just restoring it to it's original state... I didn't research what it could be worth with this art on it because if all of the sudden it's worth $2000 then what??? Stick to the original plan!

Hopefully you can restore it to it's original glory without destroying it and hopefully not find out it was actually worth like 10k or something. ;):headbang:

ah man that artwork is too nice to strip off !!! idk what its worth but its truly a shame to remove all that

You guys are brutal :) - I posted on here so that everyone would say "pull out the paint thinner and get it done"... if the art was that special, the person who I got it from wouldn't have sold it to me knowing full well I was going to try to get it back to it's original state - or at least that's what I've been telling myself. Maybe I'll email the artist first and see what comes out of it.

haha sorry..ive been an artist longer than ive been collecting oakleys.. sort of torn on this one! on the one hand, i totally get where youre going with this, on the other, i love traditional flash tattoo style artwork and that looks SO clean.. but really, its about whatever makes you happy. screw what its worth or who the artist is, if the Oakley surfboard is really what you want, then do it. but how much would it suck if it wasnt an Oakley board under there..or worse, it was, but it was in horrible shape?

I'll save you the trouble of finding out and ill just take it off your hands bud. No need for you to fret about the board I'll do all the worrying for you.

Back