• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Customs Duties - Who is responsible?

Not only is it the buyer's / importer's responsibility, but legally the full value should be declared - you were already doing him a favor declaring the lower value, you didn't have to do that. Basically the guy's griping about his own mistakes making him follow the law properly. That sounds almost Drty...

You did your part when item was declared at lower value.
Transaction is not a one way street and buyer should do his part as well

This isn't the same asshat that bought from you before then canceled the order and bought from you again on eBay was it?

I've stopped trying to keep track of where these idiots are located.
another newbie from Germany.
I wish him good luck it is just I still get shocked when i get such responses from buyers so i asked what is the general practice here in the forum to see if my way is in line to the general public.

another newbie from Germany.
I wish him good luck it is just I still get shocked when i get such responses from buyers so i asked what is the general practice here in the forum to see if my way is in line to the general public.

Living in Switzerland, everywhere is international, and thus I pay customs import duties all the time. I agree with everyone here that it is definitely the responsibility of the buyer to pay customs duties. I would also never expect a seller to declare a lower value as I don't think that is a fair - You would never ask a shop to lie on a customs declaration. However, if asked, and depending on the item, I would gladly take a lower valuation to help lower my import duties.

Back