• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cut Some More Lenses

If you don't mind me asking volcanOG what's your process for cutting lenses? Do you use masking tape on the donor lens front and back while trimming? Great work by the way, looks like they turned out perfect!
I'm sorry I missed answering this. I use an X-Acto knife to trace the old lens and cut a clean break on Iridium to lessen any chances of Iridium peeling. I don't use tape usually although I probably should. especially after cutting the G30s for this. I had a slight mishap and would have not happened had it been taped. But it's pretty minor.

Thanks bro!

I don't know if they will work, but they make G26 in Radar Range.
Have you seen any for sale? I've been looking. I was barely able to save this one. It was a cut someone else tried to do and it got messed up. But I pulled it off. Came out perfect too. :)

Those look great. I want some Deep Water Polarized for my X squared, maybe I need to try my hand at cutting them.
Thanks brother!! I would practice on a beater lens first since those are a bit pricey. But it just takes a bit of time and lots of patience. Good luck!!

Have you seen any for sale? I've been looking. I was barely able to save this one. It was a cut someone else tried to do and it got messed up. But I pulled it off. Came out perfect too. :)
I remember seeing them on Oakley.com but I haven't been looking. Ebay would I think. I will keep an eye out for you.

I remember seeing them on Oakley.com but I haven't been looking. Ebay would I think. I will keep an eye out for you.
Thanks bro!! Still need at least one more. Been looking and haven't found any even on eBay :(

Back