• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses - What Works

Erm. Quick look at cut chart, quick search thru Eypatch 1&2, ... is there no way to get a +Red or OO Positive Red for a Gascan?!

Wow. Floored.
your best bet is the batwolf. Check your local Oakley store as Batwolf lenses comes in OCP lenses.

Oh that's a big one. I can only think of plaintiff. If that doesn't fit i dont think u will have a donor. At least with a proper curvature

G26 only came in M Frame and Radar.

Not sure why you'd want G26 over jade.

The aesthetically appeal, and g26 does have its uses. No disagreement jade is far more functional and very pleasing aesthetically, but woman want what woman want haha. My gf loves g26 and has wanted a pair for one of her frogs for a long time. I wanted to see if I could find one for her. Thanks for the help!

The aesthetically appeal, and g26 does have its uses. No disagreement jade is far more functional and very pleasing aesthetically, but woman want what woman want haha. My gf loves g26 and has wanted a pair for one of her frogs for a long time. I wanted to see if I could find one for her. Thanks for the help!
Yes, as @Rustpot says, these were marketed strictly for shooting so only ever found their way into glasses suitable for that too. All with 8.75 base curve rather than the 6 you'd need for Frogs.

The women's range is otherwise well served for G- lenses - G20, G30 and G40 all available in more options than they are for men.

You could point out that they would make everything she looked at that wasn't orange a purple colour, might help sell jade as the alternative.

I have a pair of Eyepatch Stretchline; they were the first run of Eyepatch, and according to Oakley Vault tech on phone, the lenses were different (smaller) than the Eyepatch 1. The Stretchline Eyepatch are also no longer supported with replacement lenses.

I have lenses for Eyepatch 1 that I was preparing to send back until I happened upon this thread.

Anybody know if the curvature of the Strechline and 1 lenses are the same and will fit once cut?

Also, what are some cutting techniques with Dremel (I don't have access to a lens cutter). I assuming some blue painters tape, an outline of the old lens on the new lens, a dremel with fiber cutting wheel and a steady hand.... If there's a better way (sans lens cutter) please let me know

Thanks!

I have a pair of Eyepatch Stretchline; they were the first run of Eyepatch, and according to Oakley Vault tech on phone, the lenses were different (smaller) than the Eyepatch 1. The Stretchline Eyepatch are also no longer supported with replacement lenses.

I have lenses for Eyepatch 1 that I was preparing to send back until I happened upon this thread.

Anybody know if the curvature of the Strechline and 1 lenses are the same and will fit once cut?

Also, what are some cutting techniques with Dremel (I don't have access to a lens cutter). I assuming some blue painters tape, an outline of the old lens on the new lens, a dremel with fiber cutting wheel and a steady hand.... If there's a better way (sans lens cutter) please let me know

Thanks!

Fairly certain there's only one version of the eyepatch. I mean yea there's stretch line, but they're still eyepatch. The lenses should be the same. I've never heard of different eyepatches.

Fairly certain there's only one version of the eyepatch. I mean yea there's stretch line, but they're still eyepatch. The lenses should be the same. I've never heard of different eyepatches.
There actually are 2. The first was released in 2006 and the Eyepatch 2 was released in 2011. It has openings in the arms kind of like the Dispatch 2.

Back