• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dark Spots On Gen 1 Frames

BriP, I saw from kronin's thread that you mentioned just washing it with mild soap. Should that be done on a regular basis? I just wouldn't want the condition of the frames to get worse. I agree with you though, I love to the look of a gen 1 frame.

alot of people make this mistake. water doesnt hurt your sunglasses. but the sweat and oils you leave on there by not washing, will. wash often. daily, even, if you use them that often. just dry them off well after. (dab dry and blow out the screwholes etc)

Did the X metal XX plasmas suffer from the same finish issues as the juliets? I do not see multiple generations for XX plasmas on o-review's x metal serial list, so I'm assuming (and could be very wrong in doing so) that as the plasma finishes improved for the juliets, the same, improved finishes were used on the XXs--especially on higher serial numbered XXs?

they did cut production of the plasma XX early on though. i believe they only reached "gen2"