• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dealing With Noob Employees At Stores...

BennyBlaze

Oakley Beginner
Horsham, PA
I have no idea how this happens, but I always seem to know more about Oakley's then any Sunglass Hut employee. I remember one time I asked an employee if they had the Gascan S in stock and they had no idea what I was talking about. I'm still a beginner when it comes to Oakley's but I expected the employees to be a bit more helpful. Has this happened to anyone else?

What I've learned is that Sunglass Hut employees suck.

IMO Sunglass Hut sucks in general, honestly if there aren't any stores in your area just order through the Oakley website.

OBlazer said:
Your first problem is you went to a sunglass hut... haha. Come to an Oakley Store and most of us know a fair amount about the product.

Well... Not trying to be a ****, but I've been to several O Stores and Vaults and I always feel like the weakest part of their training is precisely Oakley knowledge: they know so little about the brand. I've found way more knowledge here than in any O store (excluding HQ).

I've had the same experience as oakleyandi, been to several O stores and their employees are very clueless when it comes to knowledge of the brand, let alone individual models. One of the employees at the London flag ship store did tell me that Oakley generally don't provide them with much info anyway and they tend to only find out about new models when the stores gets a delivery of them. Also it seems some of them are just there for the paycheck. I get the impression lots of them are part timers as I hardly ever see the same assistant in store when I go there. It's always some new, clueless person who needs to speak to the manager to find out anything because they don't know.

Ha this is too funny... I was traveling on business last week and stopped in at the SGH at both Detroit and Philly's airports and was thinking this EXACT thing... I don't even like talking to them about glasses, I just act as though I am a total noob and just looking. I did have one lady here at the SGH in Macy's recognize my Juliets but that was a fluke I think... I don't think they are trained really on the stuff in the store other than what they pick up as they go unless they happen to get someone who likes the brand too.

Luckily the O Store in Atlanta is reasonably knowledgable people.

SGH on the other hand , they only know what they have in stock if that.

I dont expect any of them to know all the old discontinued items, But it would be nce
if they did a little research about the items they are trying to sale.

oakleyandi said:
Well... Not trying to be a ****, but I've been to several O Stores and Vaults and I always feel like the weakest part of their training is precisely Oakley knowledge: they know so little about the brand. I've found way more knowledge here than in any O store (excluding HQ).

It IS inconsistent from store to store...but there are employees at stores with phenomenal knowledge. I live in AZ, and there are at least a handful of employees that are true collectors, know the brand, it's products, technologies and history. If you're dealing with an employee that doesn't know what they're talking about.. They could be new.. Or maybe just bad! If that's the case.. They probably won't last long...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back