• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Diamond MM - keep or return?

Should I keep it and repair?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
He didn’t disclose it, only said no battery and when I inform him he seems surprised. But he also comms fairly friendly; domestic Japan purchase FYI

I have used these little guys to get stripped screws out of watch cases and small electronics in the past. If you can find some like this you ought to be able to get that screw out. While it might seem counterintuitive, sometimes if you can get a good bite on the screw in the clockwise direction, it will break the screw free and allow you to loosen it. I would start with something like these tools though and see if you can get that screw out. That screw doesn't look to be in too bad of shape. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JCT3W0/?tag=oakleyforum04-20

I have used these little guys to get stripped screws out of watch cases and small electronics in the past. If you can find some like this you ought to be able to get that screw out. While it might seem counterintuitive, sometimes if you can get a good bite on the screw in the clockwise direction, it will break the screw free and allow you to loosen it. I would start with something like these tools though and see if you can get that screw out. That screw doesn't look to be in too bad of shape. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JCT3W0/?tag=oakleyforum04-20
Thanks for the tip. I agree on some sunglasses frame, do the counter clockwise kind of help.

But man on this MM, I damaged two screw driver (1.5) and it didn’t move a bit. And since it is quite pricey, I am not gonna gamble more. If it were a normal MM I would try different more approaches.

Thanks for the tip. I agree on some sunglasses frame, do the counter clockwise kind of help.

But man on this MM, I damaged two screw driver (1.5) and it didn’t move a bit. And since it is quite pricey, I am not gonna gamble more. If it were a normal MM I would try different more approaches.

Another option...
Use a tiny dab of WD40 or Breakfree on a Q-tip and let it work Itself into the threads and try removing the screw. I’ve done that many times as well with stubborn screws and was able to remove them. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone XX on Mars.

Another option...
Use a tiny dab of WD40 or Breakfree on a Q-tip and let it work Itself into the threads and try removing the screw. I’ve done that many times as well with stubborn screws and was able to remove them. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone XX on Mars.
I did put the grease oil a few hours before trying to remove but to no avail. Hands up.
Thanks though.

Back