1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mr. K

Mr. K Oakley Enthusiast

Met with a guy on a CL deal today. He had 2nd gen juliets with original box, papers, and coin, SN too.

They were plasma with ice polarized lenses. Plamsa was in great condition, no marks on it.

He wanted 140.00 firm.

The frames were very loose and the lenses were shot. Told him I'd pass as he was firm on price.

So did I miss out?

I figure new lenses (non polarized) would be about $65, tune up around $70, then tax on both.

I'd be into them 280+

Would you guys have done the deal?

Interested to see if you guys think I missed out. If no tune up or lenses required $140 for SN juliets are good, but with all the work to be done, was not feeling it.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

I think u did good to pass there are better deals out there

3. dcl10

dcl10 Oakley Beginner

They might go for a little more on ebay in that condition, but you made the right call on that one as it just would not make sense to have them fixed up.

4. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

I would have passed as well not that good of a deal

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah for that condition you'd have to be down to 100ish to even make monetary sense. ice polar is rare but only if it still works!

6. Pulga

Pulga Oakley Beginner

Was this a guy named Neil who had them listed on CL for $150? (Tacoma / Puyallup)? If so, glad for the info. as I was thinking about these myself.

7. Mr. K

Mr. K Oakley Enthusiast

Yup, nice guy though. Sad to see the glasses in that kind of condition. But better that way than to have never been worn I guess.