• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

DISCONTINUED!!!

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
Few things suck worse than deciding on a model of Oakleys, purchasing a pair, planning on getting variations / additional lenses, then finding out shortly afterwards that they've been discontinued, good luck stocking up!

Anyone know any news / rumors of the next to fall? Which lines just got cut or are now at bat for going under the axe? Inquiring minds want to know!

And, if you feel like it, which of the already discontinued do you miss the most?
(For me, Juliets hands down with the rest of the X-Metals a close second...)

Chin up. Still plenty of Juliets in a wide variety of conditions available here and on ebay.

The hen's teeth really is consumables for Romeo and XX.

XSquared and Juliet are relatively easy to find consumables for.

Romeos were not only retired but also actively taken out of circulation via a recall/exchange program.

For what it's worth, I actually just had this experience the other week at the O Store. I finally decided I needed a pair of wire frames. Tried on the MotoGP Deviations and loved them. Figured I'd get a gold pair as well, except I was politely informed that I would be going to eBay to find such a pair as they had been discontinued. I was unnecessarily bummed. Oh well!

Just a tidbit of information. A quick check of what is "being discontinued" can be found on the vault site. A true majority of what is reduced in price usually means it is vault bound. Not true for everything.... Take the X Metal Half X for example, all of the "heavy inventory, not as popular" lenses are on the vault site, yet the popular colors remain at full price. Not all frames fit the discontinued line either, take for example the Flak Jacket, many models are on the vault site, mostly the ones that are not selling. Maybe the Flak will be discontinued maybe not. It's a popular frame even on the SI site.

Just because you check the website or call Oakley and they tell you that something is discontinued or not available should not discourage you. Do some research on what you are looking for and find the sku number then call them back with that. That helped me order what I was looking for after being told they don't have something.

Last edited:
hey greyshot, check out your local vault store or oakleyvault.com. the deviation was discontinued not too long ago and im sure many vaults got our inventory of those. like others have said, dont get discouraged about discountinued eyewear. it is motivation for me to find them so i can join some of the people on this site with there radical collections :) :) :)

I can't understand why they cut the Juliet's the we one of the best glass I own. I have a lot of oakleys but they are my favorites.

The garage rock is supposed to be discontinued and replaced with the enduro. I like the gr more. The frame doesn't translate well to crazy colors but looks great in the more subtle hues.

Most missed although I wasn't old enough to buy them originally is iridium eyeshades

Back