1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Silent Oz

Silent Oz Oakley Enthusiast

Cant decide whether or not to pull the trigger on a pair of Juliet Ducati's, BNIB for £279 ($440). I really like the look of the Ducati but I've already got a carbon juliet that currently has black lenses, though i do want to change those to ice or ruby, also got an x-metal juliet that could do with new lenses. Cant afford to do both, so which do i do? buy the Ducati's or get new lenses for the frames i've got? I cant decide.... opinions welcomed.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. JayMann

JayMann Oakley Collector

This dont help but id be stuck as well... you could get the Ducatis and if you dont like them sell them on and get the lens you wanted?

3. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I've got the Carbon Ducati and just not crazy about the Carbon- to me it looks like it could have been applied with a rattle-can.

I've got the first gen too, and I prefer the first gen to the second. A little crazy for daily use probably so taking that one step further I added LineGear red rubbers and black polarized lenses to an old X Metal frame. I really like the look of red rubbers and black iridium lenses:

Do i get the Ducati's? - 7356080510_9a38ebe664.jpg

So maybe put fewer bucks into a frame that you already own and already want to put new lenses in?

My .02, good luck!

4. davem

davem Oakley Beginner

So maybe put fewer bucks into a frame that you already own and already want to put new lenses in?

My .02, good luck![/QUOTE]
    I did that with a carbon frame, linegear rubber and lens.
    Do i get the Ducati's? - DSC_0002-2.jpg

5. Silent Oz

Yeah i was thinking if i change my mind i could always sell them and get my money back, would just mean having to wait to get the other lenses.

I really like the carbon frame so not worried about that, really like what you've done with your x-metal frame though, does look good!
    I think the lenses is the sensible thing to do, but cant help feeling i'll regret not getting the Ducati's later on when its no longer an option.

6. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

You went red on the lenses too, that helps break up the black of the frame even more!

For the plasma frame beneath, I did the green linegear rubbers too-, aren't they a little too green? I think that I actually prefer the OEM emerald with the emerald slate except for the lack of emerald orbital gaskets.

Linegear's green is really, really green.

They are not getting cheaper by the day are they?

I like the presentation of the LE's/SE's and the Ducati box is cool for display as is the "Ducati" etching in the lens for sure.

Better get one while you can if you want one. Boxed LE/SE's are getting fewer and farther between. When you look on ebay right now and search Oakley Juliet Ducati your return is a single rubber kit.

7. davem

davem Oakley Beginner

8. Silent Oz

decided to go with the Ducati's, lenses will have to wait!

9. davem

davem Oakley Beginner

You will be happy!!
    Do i get the Ducati's? - DSC_0007.jpg