• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Done with eBay

Thanks everybody. Making use of all your good advice formulated from various cautionary tales, I'm happy to say that eBay is officially back in my good graces. I recently had two excellent pick ups.

I snagged a Custom Turbine for 62 bucks with free shipping. I asked questions in advance about the frame quality and lenses - both of which I were assured was fine. They arrived with slight wear on the arms and a very small scratch on the lenses. It wasn't a deal breaker for me - especially at the price - and I would have been happy to keep them. Though taking your advice about reaching out because they weren't perfectly as described I contacted the seller. He said he genuinely didn't believe they were scratched and I think he's telling the truth. That said, he offered to credit me 10 bucks if it would make me happy. So Custom Turbine's for 52 bucks. Bam.

I also managed to grab some polarized Carbon Shifts for 150. They looked questionable in the pictures so I confirmed that they were actually brand new as described and free of any damage. The seller assured me they were brand new, never worn (yeah right) and free of damage. To my surprise, they arrived and were indeed brand new. Gorgeous glasses and they don't look like they've ever been put on anyone's head. The only problem is that I'm an idiot and thought I had bid on the Black Iridiums which have the brushed aluminum accents and not the tungsten iridium with the copper/gold accent. Fortunately, I called my local O store and they said they'd be happy to swap them for me. YES!

So, this is a long winded way of saying thanks for the tips, and yes, I couldn't stay away from the lure of discounted Oaks.

THANK YOU ALL!

Thanks everybody. Making use of all your good advice formulated from various cautionary tales, I'm happy to say that eBay is officially back in my good graces. I recently had two excellent pick ups.

I snagged a Custom Turbine for 62 bucks with free shipping. I asked questions in advance about the frame quality and lenses - both of which I were assured was fine. They arrived with slight wear on the arms and a very small scratch on the lenses. It wasn't a deal breaker for me - especially at the price - and I would have been happy to keep them. Though taking your advice about reaching out because they weren't perfectly as described I contacted the seller. He said he genuinely didn't believe they were scratched and I think he's telling the truth. That said, he offered to credit me 10 bucks if it would make me happy. So Custom Turbine's for 52 bucks. Bam.

I also managed to grab some polarized Carbon Shifts for 150. They looked questionable in the pictures so I confirmed that they were actually brand new as described and free of any damage. The seller assured me they were brand new, never worn (yeah right) and free of damage. To my surprise, they arrived and were indeed brand new. Gorgeous glasses and they don't look like they've ever been put on anyone's head. The only problem is that I'm an idiot and thought I had bid on the Black Iridiums which have the brushed aluminum accents and not the tungsten iridium with the copper/gold accent. Fortunately, I called my local O store and they said they'd be happy to swap them for me. YES!

So, this is a long winded way of saying thanks for the tips, and yes, I couldn't stay away from the lure of discounted Oaks.

THANK YOU ALL!
Very happy to hear this worked out for you. Helps keep the faith there are honest people still out there.

eBay honoring only applicable if your return item received by the seller.
If for whatever reason the item does not reach your seller (eg always in 'delivery in progress'), you won't get anything back. Including losing your return shipping cost.

Back