• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBay - Home Of The Scalpers And Cutthroats

I love searching eBay. Don't really think there is one frame that i've over paid for on there. The beauty is that most sellers here in the UK don't realise what they always have when it comes to selling & so you can put in a nice low offer & usually get it............:redface:

Whats the most you have ever paid for a pair of Oakley's Batwolf? Just curious..... and how many Oakleys are in your collection of "No Shelf Whores"?

I think folks just need to accept that Oakley Hunting is an expensive sport. We know this when we sign up for our life-time memberships.

Yes there are still occasional bargains out there if you are patient (Lord knows I've found my fair share) - but accept that it might take some time to find just what you want at a price that suits you.

Also accept that some frames will never be cheap and you are wasting your time even trying. You will never find a LNIB Leather Mars for $30.

:biggrin:

What do your prices compare like to here? I wonder if I could snag anything off the UK eBay.

I'd say they were comparitively similar within our own markets - but you are not comparing like with like if you are thinking UK-to-US and vice versa due to the exchange rates. I love buying from USA for this very reason.
:smile:

We, our household, already bought a lot of stuff (not only Oakley) around the world on ebay and we have had just less than 1% incidents.
As far as I can remember mostly within our own country.
What I see, there are different views of how to describe an item. BNIB is BNIB, very good in some countries means, the item has no mark. Sometimes it means the item has tiny marks.
Overall the prices are similar as long as you make your own calculation. The follow-up costs (customs, import sales tax, when buying from a third-country) can make your item expensive. So you have to do your own research.
Finally you need a network to save costs of shipping. Why paying 30-40 bucks for one item if you have someone who is living in the country the item is located?
That's reason why I was asking yesterday for a "trusted shipper" in the US (good to be a member of the forum ... btw).
My UK storage aka my sister, sends me a packet after every third item she received for me. She is checking the quality as well. Good that we are living in the era of PayPal, Whatsapp, Skype ... bla bla
Scalpers and cutthroats are everywhere, but you can minimize your risk.
Overall I can't see any negative point, why not buying from ebay. Asking the seller is free of charge. Buying is your own decision!
Some pairs a definitely overpriced and it seems like there are some buyers with very deep pockets. Searching and buying on ebay takes a long time, to get your shades at your price limit.

I think folks just need to accept that Oakley Hunting is an expensive sport. We know this when we sign up for our life-time memberships.

Yes there are still occasional bargains out there if you are patient (Lord knows I've found my fair share) - but accept that it might take some time to find just what you want at a price that suits you.

Also accept that some frames will never be cheap and you are wasting your time even trying. You will never find a LNIB Leather Mars for $30.

Wise words once again Herbs.

Amen... preach on my O brother!

Back