• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Eye Patch Telemex?

OakleyOneKenobi

I am Jim Jannard...
UK
Hi guys

These are a friend of mines, he has no idea what they worth? He says they are mint condition. O matter isn’t my gig unless it is pre-Luxtwatica. 👍

06386167-3B0F-4B9A-9319-A6E44A37D09F.jpeg

26EB1032-84B7-4BD9-B77B-5E4075029629.jpeg

3E727B27-0FB5-43F1-A6DC-C782E226E0ED.jpeg

7964DFAB-056F-4D27-BA33-EB80CBF6F831.jpeg

869F8E94-A629-41DC-A7AB-723DAAF13072.jpeg

B1AE3299-8B9A-4C80-B076-F022E81AB610.jpeg

Telmex is the biggest Mexican phone and internet provider managed by CARSO Telecom.

This is the company that made Carlos Slim super rich, like being several times in the top 5 in the world.

He and his family is well known for their passion for speed sports and they have been sponsors for Cart,bikes, Speedboats, etc and currently they sponsor Red Bull team in the formula 1 with their mobile brand: TELCEL

From the ear steam (sticker?): Felix Sabates used to own a Nascar team (SABCO) later adquired by GANASSI team.

From the box and lens engraving: I assume these were custom ordered by Telmex to Oakley in a small batch, may be to be sold in the team store or give away in their races to the VIP attendees /staff.

Since the Telmex sponsorship goes back to the 90s ... my best guess is these were manufactured about 2009-2012

As you I am not into O matter but they are rare for sure... I think it should be easy for you to appraise them if compared to other similar "limited" runs of those years.

Telmex is the biggest Mexican phone and internet provider managed by CARSO Telecom.

This is the company that made Carlos Slim super rich, like being several times in the top 5 in the world.

He and his family is well known for their passion for speed sports and they have been sponsors for Cart,bikes, Speedboats, etc and currently they sponsor Red Bull team in the formula 1 with their mobile brand: TELCEL

From the ear steam (sticker?): Felix Sabates used to own a Nascar team (SABCO) later adquired by GANASSI team.

From the box and lens engraving: I assume these were custom ordered by Telmex to Oakley in a small batch, may be to be sold in the team store or give away in their races to the VIP attendees /staff.

Since the Telmex sponsorship goes back to the 90s ... my best guess is these were manufactured about 2009-2012

As you I am not into O matter but they are rare for sure... I think it should be easy for you to appraise them if compared to other similar "limited" runs of those years.
Great information buddy. Very much appreciated. Yes, you are right, they only made 500 and this pair is 360. I just need to get a price for them now. I’ll forward that info to him 👍

These werent special ordered. It was a run of 2500 mostly sold in latino states and countries. Id say $250 is on the generous side these days. Omatter jus' dont matter anymore. but @GRFMotorsports is a perfect candidate for being a rescue dad for these.
yep can verify there are more than 500 and value is about right.

image.jpg

Latest Posts

Back