• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Badman & Madman Photos *Buyer Beware

Nobody here is an expert yet but actually the fake pair lenses can be be really polarized.
The most obvious is that packaging should be correct and should include the plastic canister.
Another is that those pair which should have translucent/semi transparent plastic part on the frame is only colored black.
Another is the way the earstem closes, it is so loose sometimes the earstem does not cross and touch one another.
Most has the wrong colorway but there are correct ones but those that copied the lens ruby and sapphire color got the color wrong.
There are those not obvious like the thicker frame orbital, O logo on earstem poorly copied.
It might also have the wrong sku#but cannot confirm it at the moment.
For the madman, the earstem is one of the dead giveaway like the other X-Metals fakes, I was able to confirm that madman fakes has more curve in the earstems, starting from the rubber break to the end tip. Hope this is the same with the bad man.

Am I the only one who would actually like to see someone make an "improved" fake/clone/whatever of the Badman?? Like if they just made it out of a more durable material and "who cares" if it's heavier.

I hardly wear either of my Badmen for fear of the ear stem breaking and/or experiencing more wear. Would be cool to have a clone frankly... Haha could be my "beater frame" that I'd toss my authentic lenses in.

**Of course I'd rather if Oakley made an improved version though!

:)

Badman(and madman) best feature is it being lightweights, an essential for eyewear for obvious reasons. I'm sure you wear other pair with weaker materials than badman, so why worry too much wearing it? I have been wearing mine for almost a year now and no hinge issues. A few tips: First, handle the pair as you would handle anything that cost that much which is with care. Second, use the plastic canister and don't be like a tool who unexpectedly sit on them.

Badman(and madman) best feature is it being lightweights, an essential for eyewear for obvious reasons. I'm sure you wear other pair with weaker materials than badman, so why worry too much wearing it? I have been wearing mine for almost a year now and no hinge issues. A few tips: First, handle the pair as you would handle anything that cost that much which is with care. Second, use the plastic canister and don't be like a tool who unexpectedly sit on them.
I concur with this statement. Do not sit on them. Sitting on Badman is BAD

For the madman, the earstem is one of the dead giveaway like the other X-Metals fakes, I was able to confirm that madman fakes has more curve in the earstems, starting from the rubber break to the end tip. Hope this is the same with the bad man.
Not my photo but it shows the curvier earstem

28cc3a3282914d39a796098a37b45d2e.jpg

I have been wearing mine for almost a year now and no hinge issues.
Me too. It's my favorite pair and I wear em as often as possible since one year without any issues. I'm just careful as with all my glasses, nothing else.
The only thing I'm complaining about is the lack of oem replacement lenses, to make provisions for the future.
Last week I saw that replacement earsocks are available now on the o-site, but unfortunately BACKORDERED, grrrrr.
I wonder about replacement nosepieces, but lets see what time brings.

when i think the price that lux is charging for a non titanium frame ...makes me really think twices on buying it. the few time im in the forum i saw just complains whit lux....and its a consensus that only very few frames after the sold has that original oakley spirit...the frames made in china...it´s really a shame what they doing with the brand....of course they´re faking it each time more originally....and makes me think to buy one of these (and change lenses) just to not give a lot of money for a Lux cheaper frame...i know that´s f*** up too......

Back