• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Badman & Madman Photos *Buyer Beware

Nobody here is an expert yet but actually the fake pair lenses can be be really polarized.
The most obvious is that packaging should be correct and should include the plastic canister.
Another is that those pair which should have translucent/semi transparent plastic part on the frame is only colored black.
Another is the way the earstem closes, it is so loose sometimes the earstem does not cross and touch one another.
Most has the wrong colorway but there are correct ones but those that copied the lens ruby and sapphire color got the color wrong.
There are those not obvious like the thicker frame orbital, O logo on earstem poorly copied.
It might also have the wrong sku#but cannot confirm it at the moment.

Having worked with a lot of companies that produce carbon/aluminum bike parts in china I would say there is a very good chance the frame parts are "real". I have seen big problems with factory's intentionally overproducing parts, and selling what is left over. One of my friends owns a high end wheel company. They sent the carbon moulds to a factory the factory in china to start production, the factory basically took the moulds and used them to make their own wheels under their own brand, some of which. There are even some high end bike frames out there that you can buy direct from the factory unpainted for a fraction of the price. Someone is probably buying the parts from whatever factory is making the frame components, and making the components they cant get their hands on, lenses, rubber, case, etc.

i purchased mine from ebay a few weeks ago, they came with no bag, no cannister, but the glasses had wear, so i assumed that maybe they were found or the owner maybe binned all the packaging etc....

the leg stems are really tight and close properly, there is etching on the lense that says polarized, and the black parts on the legs are translucent/see thru... what i will do later is crack out the SLR and hopefully with some decent lighting i can get better pics....

Latest Posts

Back