• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Romeo 1

How do you tell it's a fake from the serial number behind the bridge? Certain numbers? Or is it the font or something?

Well, if it has a serial at all, that's a good sign - most fakes don't. And the serial should be either four or six digits (most likely six), all numbers, no letters. And above the serial should be a raised x-metal symbol - you're unlikely to see that on fakes.

From your photo they appear to be authentic but cannot confirm 100% without more photos of detailed parts like screws, joints, serial, etc.

The fakes feels lighter and not as solid, the finish is not refined, the screw are aluminum with Allen key & not torx screws and the rubber gasket on the frame does not fit flush.

pic looks good....if indeed it is the seller's pic of the actual item. having owned so much romeos, i can tell almost immediately. but again, if the picture is of the actual item....good luck man.

I crushed against a Romeo 1 fake months ago. It seemed 100% authentic with torx screws and perfect rubbers, but internally:

· X- metal symbol was upside down and Serial number was missing on the nose bridge
· CE and USA near the lenses had not the right characters and inclination

So pay great attention to such little details.

I crushed against a Romeo 1 fake months ago. It seemed 100% authentic with torx screws and perfect rubbers, but internally:

· X- metal symbol was upside down and Serial number was missing on the nose bridge
· CE and USA near the lenses had not the right characters and inclination

So pay great attention to such little details.

Oh no! You didn't get rid of them, did you?!? Those are the super-rare, pre-Jordan reverse-symbol limited misprints! Worth $27,000...

Tripax, nice to see you joined, Kronin helped you out more than I could have, which I knew people on here would have plenty to say. To me they look good, seem to be the right color etc..... Without the specific pics, screws, joints, serial behind nose bridge etc... It is hard. Plus like another on here said, people sometimes show real pics, but send a fake. If its an ebay item, probably your ok with that pic, and the ebay protection policies. Price should reflect real too, to a certain degree. @kronin323 thanks for helping Tripax, he is a customer of mine who I got to join. Also, I think I have done a set or two of R1 lenses for you. Could you please post a pic of OEM R1 lenses and a pic of the customs for me. I would love to have @Tripax see them. Thanks my friend

Tripax, nice to see you joined, Kronin helped you out more than I could have, which I knew people on here would have plenty to say. To me they look good, seem to be the right color etc..... Without the specific pics, screws, joints, serial behind nose bridge etc... It is hard. Plus like another on here said, people sometimes show real pics, but send a fake. If its an ebay item, probably your ok with that pic, and the ebay protection policies. Price should reflect real too, to a certain degree. @kronin323 thanks for helping Tripax, he is a customer of mine who I got to join. Also, I think I have done a set or two of R1 lenses for you. Could you please post a pic of OEM R1 lenses and a pic of the customs for me. I would love to have @Tripax see them. Thanks my friend

Sorry, you did Juliets for me. And will be doing some Mars next... But I'm sure there's plenty of people here who can post some of your R1 custom cuts...

(that's your cue, IH R1 customers...)

Back