1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jimlun

Jimlun Oakley Beginner

Hello all!

Newbe here.... Just got my Fives Squared prescription sunglasses in Fire Iridium. Very disappointed. Lenses are GREEN and hardly darker than a clear lens. These lenses a supposed to be brown, right? My optician says that she's never seen anything like them. She sent them back to Oakley for a do over and the next pair had the same green tint. I've contacted Oakley Customer Service and was told that there are no green base tinted lenses! What's going on?

Thanks for any help or insight on this....

Jim

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum

What are the chances of you taking a trip to Oakley HQ and showing them those lenses.

3. Jimlun

Jimlun Oakley Beginner

I live about an hour away from them, but getting there during business hours would be nearly impossible. Photo shows Fire Iridium lenses on the bottom pair of glasses. The lenses on the top are close to what I had expected.

Fire Iridium with GREEN tint - image.jpeg

"Trump" likes this.
  4. "Trump"

"Trump" Oakley Collector Premium Member

5. "Trump"

Its hard to compare mine to yours with the different lights. Mine is fire on the right and bronze on the left. Both polarized

6. Jimlun

Jimlun Oakley Beginner

Would you say that yours also have a green tint? It sort of looks like it...

7. "Trump"

I think the amber base mixes with the fire a little to give it a greenish hue. For me it's great contrast when its really bright, but I cant stand it in any other lighting.

8. Jimlun

Jimlun Oakley Beginner

I agree that any light but bright sunshine is tough to deal with. The green tint just does not look good.

9. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Fire does give a bit of a green hue when looking through them. A couple colors do actually.

flyer and "Trump" like this.
  10. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

The lenses look perfectly normal to me... They aren't a 'dark' lens by any means...

thisguy likes this.