1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

Excited to finally have an XX TiO2 BI to add to my growing XX Xmetal daily wear collection. It's a 2nd gen TiO2 with the A at the end of the serial number. Complete set, matching.

Thought I'd end up with a Juliet TiO2 before an XX, but the Juliet version seems to be getting rarer every month and more highly prized/priced. When I looked at the seller's pictures, I was a bit concerned that there was plasma discoloration but did the deal anyway.

To my pleasant surprise, the plasma is almost golden! Is this discoloration? It's completely even throughout the plasma and looks great. Anyone have a similar experience?
    First XX TiO2 - IMGA0677.jpg First XX TiO2 - IMGA0680.jpg First XX TiO2 - IMGA0674.jpg First XX TiO2 - IMGA0684y.jpg

Last edited: 8/7/15
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

nice! yep, discoloration is definitely case by case. I had a mint XX plasma that looked awesome but when you folded the arms you could see that one is yellower than the other. I am unsure of what causes that because the unit I had was close to perfect in every other way.

saulsaul likes this.
  3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Why are Juliet Ti02's more expensive? I always thought XX were more sought after except for the 24k and Ichiros.

4. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Juliet TiO2s seem to have gone into hiding! Grats on the XX.

saulsaul likes this.
  5. saulsaul

I think XX TiO2 may actually be rarer (less produced? shorter run?) than the Juliet version, but every time I see the Juliet it's invariably without box and prices in the last few months have shot up.

XX TiO2 aren't cheap but the price has remained fairly constant in recent months and full sets more common. Just my impression.

6. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I've seen it the other way - more TiO2 XXs floating around than OEM TiO2 Juliets...

dragonvoi and saulsaul like this.
  7. saulsaul

Yeah like Carrera said the Juliet TiO2s have gone into hiding. Collectors holding on to them perhaps. Don't think I've seen one here in the last year for sale either...

8. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Lots of custom refinish / parts swap clones...

9. saulsaul

I love the colour contrast in the Juliet version with the VR28. I have an IH cut XX G30 which I might try putting in tomorrow.

dragonvoi likes this.
  10. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Got a special tio2 Juliet matched box with Hans sigs from red event. The Juliet tio2 is a lot harder to find for sure.

saulsaul likes this.