• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found my WHY 3's!!! PLEEZ HALP!!! WARNING: Graphic images that will make you cry!!!

***Not really any help with this exactly, but the part about "Oakley not making replacement parts" isn't entirely true. I have a set of each black and rootbeer NIB earsock/nosepiece kit specifically for Why 3 and is labelled as Why 3.

Certainly these were before pretty much any Oakley Store employee's time which is always the tough part. I feel like when I roll in with anything circa 2010 or older the staff are pretty much clueless.

I always have noticed if I call or email Oakley, they're awesome, but I go into a store and they're like...rude most of the time. I, no joke, had a girl basically stop helping me because I fessed up that my lenses were VL on my gascans, and then I went to another store to pick up icons for my Batwolfs I got on ebay, and I was talking to this guy about how excited I was and when I mentioned I got them off ebay and he goes, "Well, they're probably fake then." Rude, be excited for me and encourage me to come BACK to the store for all my accessories!

Turns out they weren't fake, the same store (but sadly not guy) verified it when they arrived, but man when I worked at a video game store and someone wanted to talk about a game to me, I'd talk their ear off whether they got it at my store or not because, ya know, I LIKED the product I sold, not just trying to make money.

I know exactly what you're saying. You need to show some interest in the brand you are selling, even if you don't have any. I know this is true as I use to work for the local VW garage for years & I had a huge interest in the brand & could really talk to customers on it. This kept them coming back for years. That way it keeps the customer loyal & loyality is what keeps a brand going.

I have a pair of why 3's also don't wear them much they are like my dress up suit and tie wearing pair. They still look brand new. Not sure exactly what the color is I wanna say they have brown lens.

***Not really any help with this exactly, but the part about "Oakley not making replacement parts" isn't entirely true. I have a set of each black and rootbeer NIB earsock/nosepiece kit specifically for Why 3 and is labelled as Why 3.

Certainly these were before pretty much any Oakley Store employee's time which is always the tough part. I feel like when I roll in with anything circa 2010 or older the staff are pretty much clueless.

You know the point I forgot to make in all this, I paid $375 for these things...I don't REALLY want to spend a single dollar more. How good's Oakley's warranty? Lol.

I know exactly what you're saying. You need to show some interest in the brand you are selling, even if you don't have any. I know this is true as I use to work for the local VW garage for years & I had a huge interest in the brand & could really talk to customers on it. This kept them coming back for years. That way it keeps the customer loyal & loyality is what keeps a brand going.

Yeah, everything I tried to talk about was immediately deflected into, "How can I get you to buy something from MEEEE!" "Aw man those are fake, you should cancel the bid and buy some from me...at full price, you know you'll be getting the real thing." Um...the whole point was I can't AFFORD the full price, hence why I pieced it out on eBay. "Oh man, I (personally) can't fix your Why 3's, but let me ask you this? ...Why (wink) don't you buy some Why 8's from me dawg?" yeeeeeah, you're the reason everyone thinks anyone wearing Oakley's is a Douchnozzle. I love Oakley glasses but I do have to say, this is kind of a terrible economy to try and run brand specific stores, especially for an expensive product. Probably why these kids act like that in the stores is because every day they walk in and sigh in relief that the store is still open.

I have a pair of why 3's also don't wear them much they are like my dress up suit and tie wearing pair. They still look brand new. Not sure exactly what the color is I wanna say they have brown lens.

Are they round or squared lenses? That's a whole other issue there, getting the specific shapped lenses because I think they had 3...or maybe it was just 2 (men and women's) and color on top of that.

Actually, I was just editing my post because scathing wasn't the right word, it was more like, "PLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAASE HELP! {Whimper Whimper} I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!! :'(" What's a word for, "Full of begging?"

Also, I think it was Sunglasses Hut that broke them too. (back then there weren't Oakley Stores that I knew of.)

I think the word "groveling" would work....

So the only option Oakley gave me was to return the glasses for a special off of 25% off my NEXT pair of glasses. Since as you can see I don't tend to buy glasses straight from Oakley anymore, I don't see that deal coming to fruition and I'd have to buy the Six-C to get my money's worth back. Still looking for someone to supply or make me some lenses.

Back