• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frame peeling

mastermanu

Oakley Beginner
Someone have the same situation ? Here is very poor quality product. warranty not honored due to the absence of an invoice purchased a little over 1 year ago and the finish of the frame is peeling off. I think $20 glasses would have done better. I have to put them in the trash. very disappointed. If I were Oakley I would be so ashamed. I have to buy new ones, but it's hard to trust them anymore

20230613_125224.jpg

20230613_125240.jpg

20230613_125210.jpg

Granted it is a shame. But you joined this forum today just to complain about YOUR inability to evidence your purchase date to Oakley, hence making it difficult for them to warranty it.

People need to take responsibility for their actions. It's not Oakley'a fault you can't product the invoice. (and yes Oakley quality has declined a lot).

even if I have my invoice. the product is bad and I think it can be useful to share it, since it can help someone to choose their glasses. no one wants to buy something that will have to try to get their money back later. This ad might not help you, but it might help someone else.

I've seen some successful repaints of the twoface lower. unfortunate that this happens, but that's the risk of the dual material design.

Someone have the same situation ? Here is very poor quality product. warranty not honored due to the absence of an invoice purchased a little over 1 year ago and the finish of the frame is peeling off. I think $20 glasses would have done better. I have to put them in the trash. very disappointed. If I were Oakley I would be so ashamed. I have to buy new ones, but it's hard to trust them anymore

View attachment 1064839

View attachment 1064840

View attachment 1064841

Oakley doesn’t have to be ashamed…. It’s not Oakley anymore and hasn’t been for a hot minute

even if I have my invoice. the product is bad and I think it can be useful to share it, since it can help someone to choose their glasses. no one wants to buy something that will have to try to get their money back later. This ad might not help you, but it might help someone else.
I had this happen to a pair of two-faces as well, but they replaced them. My takeaway from this thread: if you buy something that has a warranty that requires a receipt, keep the receipt (or take a picture of it with your phone) in case you need to reference it later.

Back