1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. PogoAttack

PogoAttack Oakley Beginner

So I bought some "new" Shaun White frogskins and they feel loose on my face compared to all my other frogskins. They slide off my head when I lean forward and I'm really bummed. Is there anyway to fix this? I put them next to a real new pair and the stems are bowed out. Is this fixable?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. rightcoastnj

rightcoastnj Oakley Enthusiast

are they new from the store? you do have a warranty on them. if you bought them used, your probably SOL

3. PogoAttack

No not from the store, bought on eBay from someone saying they were "new". Everything else is mint, they just seem stretched out.

4. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

The extent to which arms open is generally the same but I have noticed some open wider, and some not so wide, on others one arm will open wider than the other arm and in this case the glass will not appear symmetrical when viewed from above. On some there will be 'uneven arms', with one higher than the other when the tips rest on a flat surface. These are manufacturing traits that are quite common and ideally should be accepted as one of those quirks associated with Oakley. The main thing is the arms join securely to the orbital. The only way around some of these concerns is to try several pairs until you arrive at the one with the least irregularity, but this option is not always available. Personally I am exceptionally fussy about the condition of glasses, but have learned to have a tolerance threshold regarding some characteristic foibles.

FrogTastic likes this.
  5. PogoAttack

That was one hell of a response! The left stem does sit up off the table when i set them down. I just wouldn't think that this would be a manufacturing issue as these just seemed to have been spread apart on someone's large head or pulled some how.

6. FrogTastic

FrogTastic Friend of the Frog

RVF knows everything Oakley

7. chrisbron

chrisbron Oakley Enthusiast

The new frogskins releases fit a bit more snuggly as they've changed the moulds.

However, older ones do vary. I've had REALLY loose frogs before although they were BNIB; examples include: SW Blue Chrome, SE Bikes and Reverts.