• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fuel Cell Vs. Crankcase

The crankcase is closer to the gascan than the fuel cell in my opinion.

I been using monster pups Rx for about 6 years and going to do another pair just don't know if it should be pitboss2 or crank case!! Any suggestions as to fit comparison on the three guys?

I been using monster pups Rx for about 6 years and going to do another pair just don't know if it should be pitboss2 or crank case!! Any suggestions as to fit comparison on the three guys?

Completely different models in fit; not sure you can even find Crankcase in any "normal" retail outlets as they're way discontinued. The PB is WAAAAAAYYYY bigger. If the Pup has fit you well- like not too big, not too small, then I'd say you need to avoid the PB- it's a very large frame. I can wear the Crankcase but it's borderline too small whereas the PB is a more comfortable fit. My best advice, as always, is try them on. The Crankcase you may struggle to find- but you can find the PBII and try that- then if it's too big, then you'll know eliminate that.

And as far as the preferred of the two? I'll always say the PBII is huge step down and back from the PB but if you're going to have an everyday wear pair and not a rotation? Go PBII if it fits.

Back