1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Oakleykid69

Oakleykid69 Oakley Beginner

So I was speaking with a couple managers at Oakley the other day and the word is that Luxotica is taking full control now and pushing the brand toward clothing to compete with Nike. I heard that they brought on an individual from Nike to revamp the clothing brand but the way they were talking made it sound as if they were going to focus on clothing more than eyewear. I am hoping this is incorrect but who knows, I just don't see how you would want to take a company known for eyewear and muck it up with a shift to more clothing. In my opinion I would like Jim to take his company back rather than seeing it bastardized by Luxotica, sorry if this offends anyone. Concerned Oakley Fanboy, haha.

JonnyO and CHUCK 52 like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I cannot dispute this as Oakley does already make a LOT of clothing and there is money to be made in it..... think about it....Nike...Under Armour.....If Oakley can put out lines better than them then there you go.

3. Oakleykid69

Oakleykid69 Oakley Beginner

But backing off on Eyewear, I forgot to mention they said having no eyewear walls, no eyewear displays, just spots on the walls with clothing around them. Don't get me wrong Oakley has some good clothing and I suppose we shall wait and see what happens.

4. real-OG

real-OG Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Can't see that happening. They've gotten rid of so much apparel, golf, and did away with footwear. Luxx only has experience in the sunglass industry so I think that would be the focus. It does look like the prescription side of the business seems to have more cutting edge designs and will be a bulk of Oakleys business moving forward.

X-metaL_GhosT likes this.
  5. Oakley G

Oakley G Oakley Enthusiast

Not really news. They've been chasing the Nike pot of gold for years and they want more of the sports apparel pie. They made big moves when they brought on Raphael Peck (from Under Armor) for a few years as VP of AFA. They won't be giving up eyewear for apparel. They in fact want both.

6. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector

Not surprised, just walk into any Oakley or vault and more then half the store is their clothing line. The employees know more about their clothing line then the sunglasses.

7. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I for one welcome our new apparel overlords...

Blockster, Sundalo and Dallas O Hog like this.
  8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I just realized the OP said they will focus less on eyewear.......this will not be true....they ARE an eyewear company...

Durty66 and Dallas O Hog like this.
  9. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Just as well, that's really all I'm interested in from Oakley... enough to buy anyway. Though I did buy the book.

TdotOakley likes this.
  10. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

I was told on my tour at Oakley that they are ramping up their clothing line.