• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gearbox Watch Markdown

No prob man. Good luck. Hope it all works out. Id say Amazon still owes you an apology.
I'm sure they'll refund his money and resell it through some other medium...

I'm actually quite disappointed for @roblawdrup ... I don't recall seeing 'less than perfect' or 'previously worn' in the sale ad.

The final insult is the failed watch battery tho...

Personally, for that price (especially for what they sell for in Canada ) I still thinks it's a deal ...

Worst case, with the original receipt, he can probably get it warrantied if there is any real problems with it...

No prob man. Good luck. Hope it all works out. Id say Amazon still owes you an apology.
they do , but still
I've been doing my research and the watch goes for $600
so , I just want to make sure it works with a battery
otherwise a straight return
I'm sure they'll refund his money and resell it through some other medium...

I'm actually quite disappointed for @roblawdrup ... I don't recall seeing 'less than perfect' or 'previously worn' in the sale ad.

The final insult is the failed watch battery tho...

Personally, for that price (especially for what they sell for in Canada ) I still thinks it's a deal ...

Worst case, with the original receipt, he can probably get it warrantied if there is any real problems with it...
thanks bro
I got the feeling that you want the watch really bad
so , let me see if it works with a battery if not i have to return it
it'd be really disappointing to send you something that don't work

they do , but still
I've been doing my research and the watch goes for $600
so , I just want to make sure it works with a battery
otherwise a straight return

thanks bro
I got the feeling that you want the watch really bad
so , let me see if it works with a battery if not i have to return it
it'd be really disappointing to send you something that don't work
Indeed I like that watch and price will most likely never get beat... But I look forwards to you having the innards checked and verified and see if it's a real half assed sale by Amazon or not...

But if the innards ARE shot... Couldn't you warranty it to Oakley?

Indeed I like that watch and price will most likely never get beat... But I look forwards to you having the innards checked and verified and see if it's a real half assed sale by Amazon or not...

But if the innards ARE shot... Couldn't you warranty it to Oakley?
I'm on it
It's covered for 2 years
I just sent an e-mail , let's see what they say

Why not?

They ARE an authorized dealer...
true
still , over the weekend I'll go to the oakley store
hopefully they'll help me
if not , in the same mall , by the reviews I've been reading - there is the best place to resurrect any watch

Dude, I don't know why you're thinking warranty or replacing the battery yourself and then putting up with the damage. This ain't ebay or CL. It's not even like the stuff Oakley was pulling with F&F discounts. This is amazon, and they make sure the customer is satisfied.

If I were you I'd have had a chat window open with amazon as soon as I'd inspected it. They should send you a new replacement and a return shipping label for the bad one, with no additional cost. The fact that you have to exchange it because it arrived damaged won't invalidate the sale deal you got. Try it...

Dude, I don't know why you're thinking warranty or replacing the battery yourself and then putting up with the damage. This ain't ebay or CL. It's not even like the stuff Oakley was pulling with F&F discounts. This is amazon, and they make sure the customer is satisfied.

If I were you I'd have had a chat window open with amazon as soon as I'd inspected it. They should send you a new replacement and a return shipping label for the bad one, with no additional cost. The fact that you have to exchange it because it arrived damaged won't invalidate the sale deal you got. Try it...

I agree with this.

Amazon sold it as a lightning deal. It was probably the only one at that price. I was watching the countdown for the Lightning deals about 2 minutes, then I checked my emails and complete forgot why I was up at 2:30am local time. Then I went back and it was sold out and the waiting list is getting filled. One thing I didn't understand, is that at that time, it is still available at retail price.

Anyway, one thing I know for sure about Amazon, they want to keep their customers happy. So, go ask for a replacement.

you are right
thanks for the info
I'll do that

that sucks that it has scratches. if Amazon won't help you out and you end up selling it they still have that colorway watch on the vault site for 399. i almost bought one for 270 during the Friends and Family sale a few weeks ago.

Latest Posts

Back