Gloss Black/Storm/Obsidian Plasmachromatic Gigawatt plus Revant lens hack

Rangerk

Oakley Enthusiast
Received them today serial number 009. I like the fit and feel. I quickly trimmed down Revant flare gold elite mirror shield polarized fast jacket lenses and fit them in no problem. Unlike Oakley or the original M-Experiment lenses these revant lenses have an anti reflective coating on the inside of the lens.

I would suggest ridges on the nose pads of the Gigawatt lenses. I would also prefer an AR coating on the inside of the lens.

IMG_7766.jpeg

IMG_7767.jpeg

IMG_7768.jpeg

IMG_7769.jpeg

IMG_7770.jpeg

I’ll be honest, I thought that was what the plasmachormatic lenses were meant to have? Various ar coatings.

I guess it’s more just of a version of iridium?

How did you like the color transmission on the plasmachromatic polarized lenses? Was the lack of AR the only complaint you had? I just ordered a pair of these as well. Interested in the lens tech. Thanks for the reviews man!

I did not have the Polarized Plasmachromatic lenses only the Plasmachromatic. I live in Southern Arizona. When hiking with my dog the Antiflective coating on the inside of lens helps manage reflected sunlight bouncing off the sand/gravel. When I reach a long stretch of unshaded sand gravel the difference is noticeable. This is why I (runs for cover) always considered Kaenon polarized lenses superior to Oakley. Kaenon doesn’t make sport frames worthy of their lenses.

LOL! Interesting! Never heard of the Kaenon. Thanks for the description! Im in NM so lots of sand/gravel here too. I do a lot of driving as well so i usually like a polarized lens. I may have to look into kaenon! See if RJ can chop em up for an x squared! Lol. I did get a pair of the plasmachromatic polarized Gigawats. Saw enough reviews i figured i better pick up a pair! Cant wait to get em in hand. I also ordered a pair of the matte balck/gray lens in the pleasure as well. Be neat to compare them. Thanks again man!

Back