1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. erap

erap Oakley Collector

Hi guys what is the difference? Both look the same shade to me. I have only tried gold iridium and planning to buy titanium iridium lens after getting feedback.

Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

They're very close - same base tint, just a different shade of iridium.

10% trans for Ti vs. 12% for gold.

3. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

They are very different shades to be honest. Gold is a darker tint overall and personally is a favourite of mine. Few pics below for you -

Gold iridium vs titanium iridium - B0785D26-16CC-4147-96A6-A3B854DFBAEE_zpsnc10rfip.jpg

Gold iridium vs titanium iridium - 6EA6B26A-2F68-497F-B3F8-D94B4EE7E814_zpslbmbrppi.jpg

saulsaul and erap like this.
  4. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

Yeah, to me that tiny 2% difference feels quite a lot with these two.

My preference is Gold to look out of. But to look at, no contest, Titanium. Have recently sold a couple of them that I picked up through Oakley Japan, the last they have in stock. But I've kept one for myself. Love the font used in 'Titanium'.

Anyone know what font it is? Doesn't feel bespoke to me...

erap and discostu like this.
  5. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

I agree, Gold is a "happier" colour to look through, more brass to the brown.
    Titanium is virtually impossible to look in at; such a deep, dark amber brown and heavily iridium-ized.
    It's getting difficult to find Gold, especially in the polarized versions...

6. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Very happy to have received one of those pairs from you :)

Titanium, gold and tungsten too are all similar to look through - I like them all, can't say I've got a particular favourite amongst them.