• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Grabbed This Little Piece Of History

Update..... I suggest anyone looking to buy a TimeBomb off ebay or from a local seller that they consider the $16 investment into a new SEIKO KINETIC WATCH CAPACITOR 3023 5MZ for your timebomb. This is the updated replacement part to get your timebomb running properly. I suggest if you have not done watch work before, that a $20-30 fee from a watch repair guy is your best route. I had mine done at my jeweler and it works perfect. So when making that purchase explain to the seller that even if they cared for it, or its BNIB the cap will not last even if stored away. So figure that in when dropping some cash..... When the watch cap is first installed wear the watch for at lease three days to get a full cycle of charging. That watch should now last at least 10 days off your wrist in keeping time. Whether its BNIB or not, I would just do the upgrade...... :cool-20:

Great pickup. I love my Tb1 too. You're right about the capacitor being changed, it makes a big difference. I had mine changed at HQ and it didn't even last a year. I changed it recently with a new one and it will hold a charge for weeks. I can confirm at least 3 weeks holding a charge with no wear! Congrats, these TB's really are sweet!

i co-authored an article on capacitor swaps on o-review awhile back. just google search time bomb capacitor it should come up

I appreciate that you made that available as a DYI in case it needed to be fixed. That article made it possible for me to get what I needed and get it done. Thanks!!!!!

I appreciate that you made that available as a DYI in case it needed to be fixed. That article made it possible for me to get what I needed and get it done. Thanks!!!!!
no worries man, i had to change the capacitor in my TB as well and it just so happened i was talking to Felipe from facebook who had just done the same thing, so we wrote it up and put it on the o-review. i figure thats a nicer place to store guides etc, and i'll just link them to here from now on. stuff tends to get lost in here after awhile lol

no worries man, i had to change the capacitor in my TB as well and it just so happened i was talking to Felipe from facebook who had just done the same thing, so we wrote it up and put it on the o-review. i figure thats a nicer place to store guides etc, and i'll just link them to here from now on. stuff tends to get lost in here after awhile lol

Since that article has helped out members, forward me the info directly in a PM if you can and I will make a sticky on your behalf. I think a watch sticky with tricks, repairs, mods and how too's is useful. Like how to remove watch links to size bands etc.....