• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello and thanks from Husky (Husqvarna) Bob

Husky Bob

Oakley Beginner
Hello from me and thanks to all who have responded to my other posts.
A bit of history about me and glasses...
I was an LUL Train Operator (Tube Driver) for many years and as a result I can't take bright sunlight. I had Polaroids, Bloc, Costco own brand, RayBans, even LUL supplied RayBans and they were all okay.
When I got my first Oakleys (A wires I think, but to be confirmed on another post) I was amazed at how well they fitted and how comfortable they were.
I then got M Frames for cycling but would forget I was wearing them and would often poke the lenses with my finger when I went to rub my eyes. A few spare lenses for them for shooting and I used them for years until some pistol events started asking for certain standards of eye protection which I couldn't prove with the M frames. So people at work would see these Oakleys and when I left LUL I was given the Romeos by my colleagues and as mentioned in another post I now feel I am too old for them.
The Romeos 2 are a bit more subtle and I like them for driving. They are currently not being used due to lens damage and I am using Flak 2.0 XL. So I am currently looking for a new pair of polarised to replace the Romeo 2s.
All my sunglasses have been bought from Oakley (with the exception of the Romeos) as like most on here I like to try them on first. There are no Oakley stores in Northern Ireland but I will be in England next month and will visit their Cheshire Oaks store.
No doubt I will buy at least one pair as I'm also looking for some shooting glasses and have a list narrowed down to Det Cord, Tombstone, Shocktube, M Frame Ballistic and M Frame Industrial. May look for something slim as my user name suggests I also use chainsaws quite a lot and want something that will also fit under a helmet, visor and ear muffs.

Thanks again

Bob

Welcome! A couple of the last frames you mentioned have thin earstems to accommodate helmets, ear protection and such. R2 lenses you’ll find on the exchange once you meet the requirements (2 weeks and 15 posts).

Aloha Bob. Welcome to the Forum. :welcome:

FYI. Lopaka means Robert in Hawaiian. 🤙

e2de64357aadf88beac6f8b9cafa8595.jpg

Back