• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello from Florida

X_Metal32

Oakley Beginner
Hi my name is Dennis. I was linked to this forum from an ebay seller after seeking a way to authenticate his Oakley's. I was disappointed in the lack of knowledge of the Oakley store employee at the corporate office not to mention the fear of being sued due to telling me if a certain pair were authentic or not at the local store; so I decided to join this forum.

I was born in 1983, so I was just a teen when Oakley took off.
I was a huge Chicago Bulls fan and thought it was cool to be able to watch the Bulls parades year after year upon winning the National Championships. I remember Michael Jordan wearing some cool shades but never thought to research what type. Come to find out, one of the shades was an Oakley Jordan R1, although not endorsed, I came across these shades this week and just purchased it, serial #0245 for $800.

My first Oakley Juliet I sadly lost a few years back. So far I have another Juliet with the hammer lens style and now the Jordan R1 which I will receive this week.

My goal is to finish out collecting the rest of the Juliet (Hammer lens style) to cover the lens colors I like.
Also looking to own a pair of Ducatti's despite it not being hammer style, love the Carbon black on red.
All in all, would like to own about 6 total pairs, not quantity but quality.
Juliet and Romeos are the only ones I really like, old school here but still feels new school.

I am just getting my hands wet with Oakley again, good to join this site to meet people who probably put Oakley employees to shame with their knowledge. I look forward to finishing out the collection I wish I started in the mid-late 90's.

Welcome what glasses were you trying to authenticate? if you like hammer stems you might want to look into X-metal XX also

Back