• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello From KY

After a look around it appears the Flak jacket is NOT a model they have done the prizm snow lenses in. I am kinda surprised cause I swear we had a pair in my store that were sapphire. So yea you're gonna have to probably adopt a new frame. The only other option would be if there is a donor lens that can be cut to fit and I have no idea but @Chris A Hardaway is a legend here when it comes to lenses so he would know.

For RJ.... We are talking about prizm snow black to prevent headaches and light sensitivity our newest member has issues with and she has the flak jacket xlj but a limited budget... any help would be awesome my friend!
@KYButtercup the OP:
I don' t think the Prizm Snow Black comes on a lens that's both 8.75 Base Curve and large enought to be cut for the flak jacket 1.0 / flak jacket 1.0xl
If you'd consider a much larger and more modern frame style you could try sutro, or perhaps turbine/double edge. I believe those all can come with the crazy dark tint!

Sorry to hear about your side effects after surgery :(

@KYButtercup the OP:
I don' t think the Prizm Snow Black comes on a lens that's both 8.75 Base Curve and large enought to be cut for the flak jacket 1.0 / flak jacket 1.0xl
If you'd consider a much larger and more modern frame style you could try sutro, or perhaps turbine/double edge. I believe those all can come with the crazy dark tint!

Sorry to hear about your side effects after surgery :(
Thank you and thanks for the info. For now I will have to stick with my Flack Jackets, but I'm not complaining, I love them. They are almost too big for my face, so I think I would get lost behind the larger lenses. Always an option when I'm in the market for new ones though and I'm always looking for the darkest shades I can buy, which is how I wound up wearing Oakley's in the first place.

Back