1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Wizz

Wizz Oakley Beginner

Whats up guys, new here. Just ordered my first pair of O's. I wear prescription glasses now and noticed at my eye doctors office today that they sold prescription O's. So I looked around and settled on some white ones, the ear socks are a nice grey color. Inside the frame it says FLAK. So I'm assuming they are the Flak Jackets (correct me if I'm wrong). They transition also, definitely had to have that. Its gonna take about 2 weeks for me to get them. Im super pumped, I've always wanted a set of Oakley's and I'm finally getting some. I chose those glasses because they fit my head great. Next month I'm starting a new job and I'm gonna be doing a lot of running, so hopefully they do alright. Anyway, thrilled that I found this forum. Hopefully I can learn a little something.

Oh, if I decide to change those ear socks and the other part that is colored, thats not a big job rite? Just order a new color and replace?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the forum. Yeah sounds like you have a pair of Flak Jacket's. Its fairly easy to remove the earsocks, I've had it happen once or twice just from sweat. But as pointed out in this thread: Easiest way to remove earsocks? | Oakley Forum , easiest way is to use some Purell to slide them on and off.

Wizz likes this.
  3. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

welcome to the forum bro!!

Wizz likes this.
  4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

:welcome:

Wizz likes this.
  5. Wizz

Wizz Oakley Beginner

Thanks guys. I noticed on the Oakley web site that you can buy the different ear and temple socks. Im assuming the Flak Jackets are the ones I need. I don't guess theres any difference in any of them rite?

6. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

:welcome:

Wizz likes this.
  7. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Yeah you'll need the flak jacket ones.

Wizz likes this.
  8. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Wizz likes this.