• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello from PA

kjcolumbo

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Not sure if I ever introduced myself, but hello from the Lancaster, PA area.
A 2017_09_1008_13_322871 WM.jpg
I've been a fan of the O for many years now, starting with my first pair of Eye Jackets back in the mid 90's as a kid. It went all downhill from there. Too many pairs of sunglasses, prescription frames, backpacks/luggage, and other odds and ends since then.

Currently, I'm hooked on Jawbreakers for cycling and running, and Frogskins for everything else. I'd consider myself a casual Frogskin collector, picking up what I can for cheap here and there, but I doubt I'll ever drop hundreds of dollars for some of the really special ones. I've dabbled in custom painting a pair of Jawbreakers that I'm pretty happy with. Whether they are considered men's or women's, I wear the Grounded with some custom ear socks (trimmed down from Flak Jackets) for my prescriptions.
IMG_9459.JPG
I'll have some classics to sell soon too. Plasma with ice iridium Juliets (no box or coin), bengal Gen 1 Racing Jackets, Full Metal Topcoats, Full Metal XX, and some others.

This was from the event that I painted them for (American Cancer Society Bridge To Beach Ride).
IMG_9346 Scaled.jpg IMG_9355 Scaled.jpg
Originally, I was going for something like the green fade, but in pink like O did for a pro only release for the Giro d'Italia. It didn't come out right, so I just kept playing around, then decided to add different pinks and then sand them for a worn look. They weren't perfect, but I learned a lot doing the project. I might try some others at some point, just need to get my hands on a cheap white or black frame.

Welcome
Lancaster.... spent some time there. Beautiful part of this United States.
Andersons pretzels....:)
Hamilton watches.......They invented the first electric watch.
Slaymaker lock company.
And of coarse Amish country.
Just "some"of the great history.

Back