• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help identifying please

Pretty sure those are fake based on the OAKEY in the nose bridge (instead of OAKLEY).
But will let others chime in...
Hi it says Oakley not Oakey, the L is also the E as in the Oakley logo.

Screenshot_20180506-174721.png

15256257469371856278821.jpg

Hi it says Oakley not Oakey, the L is also the E as in the Oakley logo.

View attachment 471509

View attachment 471510

Although it is supposed to look like what you posted, if you look closely you will notice the L and the E are so close together on yours that it almost reads OAKEY. In legit pairs it is spaced oit enough that it is easily readable as OAKLEY.
For those in the forum used to recognizing the subtle (although in some cases it isn't that subtle) differences this is one of the easiest ways to pick out a fake.

If you get it next to a legit pair it is then fairly easy to notice the slight but important difference.

But again, unfortunately judging from the pic you sent I still believe it is a fake.

Although it is supposed to look like what you posted, if you look closely you will notice the L and the E are so close together on yours that it almost reads OAKEY. In legit pairs it is spaced oit enough that it is easily readable as OAKLEY.
For those in the forum used to recognizing the subtle (although in some cases it isn't that subtle) differences this is one of the easiest ways to pick out a fake.

If you get it next to a legit pair it is then fairly easy to notice the slight but important difference.

But again, unfortunately judging from the pic you sent I still believe it is a fake.
Okay thank you for your reply and feedback.

The hinges too are a dead give away.
There should be two screws in each hinge, and the end of the earstem at the hinge should be squared off, not notched like the wannabe.
Thank you for your feedback , it's appreciated. They belong to my partner, he got them as a gift years and years ago, they have Been sitting in a box under our stairs for decades, I'm sure he will be really happy to know they are fakes lol

So there you have it, my friend. I'm affraid the other members are correct. That pair are indeed immitation. Please destroy them, rather just giving them away. The last thing you'd want to do, is prolong this obvious fake pair, under the guise of being a genuine pair.

Latest Posts

Back