• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holeshot Vs. 12 Gauge

kp11

Oakley Beginner
So I'm looking at both the Holeshot Stainless Steel and the 12 Gauge Stainless Steel, and I'm torn. Obviously, both look like amazing pieces, but I can't decide which I like better. I'm afraid the 12 gauge would be too big/flashy, but I like the bracelet design better. And at 50% off, it's a steal on the vault. The Holeshots seem to be going slightly cheaper, but they're harder to find. I also like that the face isn't as busy on the Holeshot. I just don't know what to do, I know there are a number of people on here who own one, and a few rich fools who have both. Anyone have any suggestions? Quality/design comments? I want a good tactical watch that can take some bumps and scrapes so I can keep my 007 Edition Omega looking fly ;) also, if by chance anyone has either of these to sell...

They are both very different watches. The holeshot is a smallish watch while the 12 gauge is quite large so that is a good place to start. What type of watch do you prefer in size? I have owned a holeshot and personally did not wear it much because it was smaller than I like. On the other hand I have tried the 12 gauge on multiple times because I am convinced I should like it but I just never do. That is all just personal opinion though. I would consider what size you prefer a watch to be and use that as a starting point. Quality wise other than the Oakley specs I am not the person to talk to, I tend to pick my watches based on how they look. I am sure others know more about the specs and details of each than I do. Good luck with your decision!

I never gave the 12 Gauge much of a chance, but I came across a smokin' deal on one so I jumped on it. I never like the two-tone bracelet but it was too good to pass up.

I've gotta say, it's my daily wearer now. It's definitely big, but not stupid big like some of the Invictas that are available.

I like that it's a little more understated than my MM; it looks more like a "regular" watch.

I can't comment on the holeshot, but I am not a fan. That's mostly because it has a rubber band (which I dislike and is why I got rid of my gearbox). It's definitely a smaller faced watch but not overly so.

How's that for a completely non-committal answer?

I agree with the above posters. If you don't mind a little bigger face, the 12-Gauge is a great watch. I personally prefer the metal bands myself, although I do have a Gearbox that I wear occasionally. I would spring for the 12-Gauge over the Holeshot.

I'm just afraid that a little bigger may be too big. Does anyone have pictures of themselves wearing the 12 gauge? Like I said, I just don't want the face of the thing taking up the whole top of my wrist. With such a cool bracelet, it'd be a shame if it was overpowered by a huge face. Thanks for your input guys!

I'm just afraid that a little bigger may be too big. Does anyone have pictures of themselves wearing the 12 gauge? Like I said, I just don't want the face of the thing taking up the whole top of my wrist. With such a cool bracelet, it'd be a shame if it was overpowered by a huge face. Thanks for your input guys!
CAM00035.jpg

I can't comment on the watches you are discussing here as I own a red Minute Machine with Unobtanium strap and a Stealth GMT which are very different sizes as has been mentioned and i love to wear both. The GMT face is far smaller than the MM but the thick steel strap seems to make up for its lack of facial diameter if that makes sense, and the fact that the MM is on rubber gives it a great visual separation. If you like both watches, see how they look and feel for you. Straps can play a big part in this.

That's definitely a big face. If you don't mind me asking, roughly how big are you, Yeti? But discostu, I like the bracelets on both, perhaps on the 12 gauge a little better, but I think overalls they're pretty similar.

That's definitely a big face. If you don't mind me asking, roughly how big are you, Yeti? But discostu, I like the bracelets on both, perhaps on the 12 gauge a little better, but I think overalls they're pretty similar.

My wrist is 8" around

Back