1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. darklide

darklide Oakley Beginner

Are the Oakley Jackets good or are you better off with a different brand for the money?

I am looking at the Oakley ORIGINATE LITE JACKET.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. darklide

darklide Oakley Beginner

Anybody?

3. twitch_man

twitch_man Oakley Beginner

Im a big beliver in 'you get what you pay for' and when it comes to oakley jackets and everything else they make, it doesnt dissapoint. I dont wear anything else but oakley. So my $0.02 is to buy it!

4. darklide

darklide Oakley Beginner

Thank you.

5. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

I've got 2 pairs. Very nice.

6. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

they are good, and probably compare pretty well with Columbia.

However, if you start comparing to high-end Descente, Spyder etc it won't even be close....but neither is the price.

7. xtremehardy388

xtremehardy388 Oakley Beginner

My friend had one (Oakley)and it was light, comfortable, and kept her warm up at Michigan Tech.

8. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Columbia has extremely nice jackets, but their downfall is their bulkiness and weight.

9. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I have all kinds of Oakley gear ranging from summer to winter. Unfortunately I have a huge tolerance level for cold so I haven't used their winter gear so much but it is really good

10. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

Kind of a lopsided comparison...you're honestly comparing one company who's specialty is eyewear, against another company who's specialty is outdoor clothing. Don't get me wrong, but I feel that in this comparison Columbia should be given an advantage. I love Oakley's outerwear, but for comparable money, I'd look at a Columbia, North Face, Spyder, Arctyrex, etc., if your purpose is actually performance based. I'm no where near an expert, but just adding my opinion...