• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How long before you added a duplicate frame type to your collection....take 2

How long did it take you before you duplicated a frame type and how long have you been collecting

• - 1 TO 5 YEARS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • + I have less than 25 different frame types

• + I have over 100 different frame types

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Orion, just wanted to add this.

Usually, it is months before I get a duplicate of a frame... Like 6-8 months. Past patterns for me include: paying MSRP for the first one and then getting a coupon or waiting for a sale for subsequent pairs. I have gotten smarter with this by not paying MSRP for any of the new age stuff. I have yet to get a duplicate of any of the past/discontinued items now (ie a second Scar after getting the first pair in January)

Sent from Q's Note5

Last edited:
When I first started collecting in 2001, I think the next one I boght was the First Gen Ruby X-Metal Juliets( which means around 2005 when I was at College) and then the Ruby Pennys, then after which I got bitten by the Frogskin bug.
I think a supposed duplicate I bought as a New Eye-Jacket FMJ 5.56, could in fact be a FMJ White. Which would please me no end.

I got my first pair of Oakley's in 1993. I've had pairs come and go but am a very picky collector and also wear almost everything I have, so I've purposefully kept my collection very compact over the years. I don't have much interest in having every colorway of anything and prefer to have a small number of models that are each special to me. Even my Jordan Romeo or pristine 0.4's wind up on my face once in a while.

Back