• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How long before you added a duplicate frame type to your collection....take 2

How long did it take you before you duplicated a frame type and how long have you been collecting

• - 1 TO 5 YEARS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • + I have less than 25 different frame types

• + I have over 100 different frame types

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't really chased real collector items, so I have no duplicate colorways.

In general I prioritize the functional value of pairs, so I do end up getting multiples of pairs I do like/use a lot. It's for the sake of having back-ups, not having so many more lenses than frames to have them see the light of day, and general aesthetic appeal....but then again I usually haven't gotten the ideal rotation/array I'd really want when I do double/triple up.

Like, my 2 Jawbones were straight up due to them being dirt cheap.
I bought the Cav Jawbreaker to have a Jawbreaker in general ASAP, then an MPH Atomic Orange one because it was cheap, but I mainly only wanted the Uranium Jawbreaker....which I picked up yet a year later. The first two pairs can look cool, but I could do without them.
I have the Planet X EV Zero, which I did want. I recently gnabbed the Rio version in hopes of swapping the lens. That isn't working out so well, crap. Got two EV Zero's in combo's I wish that were different.

My Radarlock rotation, however, was on-point...even though I don't wear that pair anymore. First pair was a Ice/Silver that was my first Oakley period. Not my first option for a color but it became so after I sent it to Dr.Chop. Second pair was the Matte Heather Grey, and that thing is fire imo. I can put any lens in there and it looks great imo. As good as my alternate colorways go.

Kinda want a second PBII. Mine is intended as a lone beater that I'd like the test the longevity of; but at the same time, if a dog or something eats it, I prefer knowing I have a backup ready.

Had to change my vote. At the time I thought of this topic and created this poll, it was with the mind-set that I "would be" getting a duplicate frame type. However, I realized I just recently did duplicate a frame. I have a project pair of half jackets that have been sitting in a drawer waiting and I just recently acquired a carbon fiber pair.

So I actually surpassed the milestone my poll was intended for.

I think its time to come with with a way to track these

Had to change my vote. At the time I thought of this topic and created this poll, it was with the mind-set that I "would be" getting a duplicate frame type. However, I realized I just recently did duplicate a frame. I have a project pair of half jackets that have been sitting in a drawer waiting and I just recently acquired a carbon fiber pair.

So I actually surpassed the milestone my poll was intended for.

I think its time to come with with a way to track these
Wait till you get a duplicate sku ;)

Been collecting for 7 years and I have less than 25 types of frames. I have duplicate frames... If you find something that speaks to you, it is hard to not stockpile.
I couldn't agree with you more especially since I'm not at all drawn to the new stuff. 2012 half jacket 2.0 was the newest frame I have in terms of production year and I don't wear that one all that often and it's always up for trade or sale.

My groove for frames seemed to be certain Xmetals and later gen Fives.

The only other type I'm somewhat curious about is Plates and Splice at the moment

I couldn't agree with you more especially since I'm not at all drawn to the new stuff. 2012 half jacket 2.0 was the newest frame I have in terms of production year and I don't wear that one all that often and it's always up for trade or sale.

My groove for frames seemed to be certain Xmetals and later gen Fives.

The only other type I'm somewhat curious about is Plates and Splice at the moment

As you have seen, I'm definitely open to the newer stuff. Most of my stuff are stuff that came out in the last few years. I have 4 Jawbreaker frames and 5 Offshoot, for example. I'm a sucker for gigantic shield frames...or a perfect fitting gigantic frame, in general. I'm glad that Lux has slowed down on the bust buys lol

Just noticed my typo, I said bust instead of must, but maybe it isn't a typo after all lol

Sent from Q's Note5

Last edited:
As you have seen, I'm definitely open to the newer stuff. Most of my stuff are stuff that came out in the last few years. I have 4 Jawbreaker frames and 5 Offshoot, for example. I'm a sucker for gigantic shield frames...or a perfect fitting gigantic frame, in general. I'm glad that Lux has slowed down on the bust buys lol

Sent from Q's Note5
That's probably one area they've expanded more in recent years, the larger frames, which is good for those who can rock them like you :cool-33:

I do like some of the larger frame styles, but larger frames look goofy on me, just like a dog walking backwards.

That's probably one area they've expanded more in recent years, the larger frames, which is good for those who can rock them like you :cool-33:

I do like some of the larger frame styles, but larger frames look goofy on me, just like a dog walking backwards.
Yes! Lifestyle and sport frames have been expanded for gigantic domes. Selection used to be bad when I first started buying Oakley, but now, there is no excuse to not have what suits me. I just hate expansion just for the sake of expanding (like the Twoface XL or Sliver line), though.

Sent from Q's Note5

Latest Posts

Back