• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
After two years of almost using my Frogskins daily they need to be cleaned. From what I have read in this thread I should have cleaned them much earlier. But what us done is done and what has not been done has not been done right:laugh:.

Anyway I have some questions about how to clean the lenses.

First I would like to know if it is recommended to take the lenses out of the Frogskins also. My concern here is that if I do so I would change the optic properties because of bending.

Secondly I would like to know if it is safe to clean the lenses(blue Iridium btw) by rubbing them between my fingers with lather of water and soap. Or will the inside of fingers be to rough on the lenses?

Anyone know if they still offer free refills? Also, any other vendors than the three mentioned?

Anyone know if they still offer free refills? Also, any other vendors than the three mentioned?
i am pretty sure that they still offer free refills because i saw a lady getting her bottle refilled the other day in the Oakley Vault. However, I do not know of any other vendors than the ones mentioned. I'm in the U.S. btw

I only use the bags to give my pairs a quick wipe to get smudges and finger prints off. The bags stay in the case otherwise. I don't keep the glasses in a bag unless they're going into a pocket.

When I'm doing an actual cleaning I use dedicated microfiber cloths. These don't go anywhere and stay relatively clean.

If you're going to launder the bags I'd run them with your lingerie. Unless you have enough bags for a full load :laugh:

No Rustpot, lol, I didn't mean running the bags with lingerie. I meant using woolite or whatever fine fabric soap instead of hand or soft or dish washing soap when hand washing the bags in the sink?

Generally it's a basin half filled with cold water and a capful of woolite. Soak the bags for a minute, then gently squeeze the soapy water into the bags, then squeezing it out into another basin or the other side of the kitchen sink, repeating several times. Once all the bags have been thoroughly cleaned and the squeezed-out water is soapy-clear, then I repeat the process only without soap so that they get a good rinse out.

Then I lay them out to air dry on a clean surface (usually my kitchen countertops that have been windexed/wiped down).

Is this process okay to use?

No Rustpot, lol, I didn't mean running the bags with lingerie. I meant using woolite or whatever fine fabric soap instead of hand or soft or dish washing soap when hand washing the bags in the sink?

Generally it's a basin half filled with cold water and a capful of woolite. Soak the bags for a minute, then gently squeeze the soapy water into the bags, then squeezing it out into another basin or the other side of the kitchen sink, repeating several times. Once all the bags have been thoroughly cleaned and the squeezed-out water is soapy-clear, then I repeat the process only without soap so that they get a good rinse out.

Then I lay them out to air dry on a clean surface (usually my kitchen countertops that have been windexed/wiped down).

Is this process okay to use?

well i just use handsoap and warm water, the two best friends of any oakley cleaning bag or eyewear, seems just fine. just be careful of soaking fmj or plasma frames

Back