1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. V2oak

V2oak Oakley Man from Manila

Guys how can you determine a Fake Jupiter Camo Frogskins to a Legit pair? I have seen a pair that has the SKU# on the left arm next to the "Made in USA & CE" and some are on the right arm next to the "Frogskins Logo" and both has a frog etch on the lens. I also saw a pair that has a funny frog sticker on ebay. Any advice?

This is what I'm talking about a possible fake (see photos)....... so how can we determine which is legit aside from the sticker?or are these real jupiter camo? Im not a Frogskin expert so I'm calling the please Frogskins guru to chime in and enlighten me. (FYI pictures was taken from the internet)

How To Spot A Fake Jupiter Camo Frogskins? - 341315_182947895114731_100001985645118_373582_236358500_o.jpg

SKU stamped on the left arm nest to the Made in USA CE logo

SKU stamped on the right arm next to the frogskins logo

How To Spot A Fake Jupiter Camo Frogskins? - 5934627264_0e93716c7d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 5/19/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Those appear to be fake I believe. Several reasons as to why, stem logos, bag tags, box labels, sticker, etc.

I don't have a JC Frog to compare to, but things I'm seeing in general that makes me think they're fake.

3. V2oak

So all of them are fake? can you post some pictures of a legit JC Frogs?

4. OGfrog

OGfrog Oakley Enthusiast

I don't own a pair of the JC, but this pair was commonly faked, and was faked very well. First step would be to weigh them and compare them to a pair you are sure of the authenticity. Also fakes are supposed to be a bit more brittle, but the bend test can end badly. I have also heard that the edges that hold the lenses in on the fakes are not nearly as clean, this can only be observed by removing the lenses.

5. V2oak

So how can you differentiate a fake JC Frog when you are buying through ebay? is there any way on how to tell that it is a fake JC by just looking at the pictures?

6. SpeakForYou

SpeakForYou Oakley Enthusiast

These are my JC Frogs

How To Spot A Fake Jupiter Camo Frogskins? - yjuqu7yd.jpg
    How To Spot A Fake Jupiter Camo Frogskins? - 8asuqezu.jpg How To Spot A Fake Jupiter Camo Frogskins? - yga2amaj.jpg

Can't get a proper pic of the etching on the lenses.

7. V2oak

Thanks speakforyou and I appreciate the effort but still, I can't determine the legit JC Frogs.

8. tharoosta

tharoosta Oakley Beginner

Ask the seller to send you more detailed pictures and if he refuses or can't then they are fake. From the pictures, they seem real to me. But I never buy Oaks off the internet. There is one way I go by to know if my Oaks are real or not. I buy them at a certified Oak Dealer.

9. V2oak

Thanks for the advice and I know what you mean, but you have to understand that the JC frogskins are not available anymore at the O store or O Vault.

10. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

Those look legit to me