• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I need rust advice.

I mainly applied the mustard patina to mods when I vaped. Let me find the pics. If you want to redo your copper you will need an ammonia chamber, gloves and respirator. This will be a Tupperware box with a paper towel in the bottom soaked in ammonia. You will not submerge your project. Hang it from a string or set it on a block of wood or stone. With mustard you can coat, dot or dab as wanted. You then set or hang object in chamber and check every 15 min. Once the mustard turns black you rinse or wipe the piece and let air dry. Repeat as necessary. It is easier to control your aesthetics this way. I have never had air pockets doing this method. Thank you soul frog. I am glad you recognize artist even when they dont recognize themselves. Jm the fact that you chose to attempt and in my opinion succeed makes you an artist. Trial and error are part of it. I think you are doing well and if I could ship my stuff to you, I would have you do it. Never underestimate yourself.
I will find my work and post it here. Might not be tonight as I have some tutoring to do but soon. Thanks for your help. Any other pieces you would like to share would be more than appreciated. Thanks.

100% agree. I've done about 15 odd pairs in rust for customers and it seems no single one is the same. I miss the very first pair I did. I can't seem to dublicate it.

I'd love to try some stand like yours. once again excellent work

Your the true artist using real paint. I cheat and buy the easy kit :lolsign:. I'm going to re-do the stands as I want them brighter. Good thing about the stands is you can paint them as many times as you want until you get it right.

I wish, I used em as inspiration though. That is innovation at it's finest. I did it to a pair of beater scalpels i had and hit em with glow in the dark splatter.

Latest Posts

Back