1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. karimo

karimo Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I'm getting together with a seller tomorrow to buy a nice pair of Penny Ice, but I do not know how to recognize a knock off, the only thing I can think about is the weight, so please someone tell me how much does an authentic pair of Oakley Penny Titanium Ice should weight.
    please also take a look at the pics:
    I need some help with a pair of Penny Ice that I'm buying - 8012893171.jpg I need some help with a pair of Penny Ice that I'm buying - 8002090024.jpg I need some help with a pair of Penny Ice that I'm buying - 8076520067.jpg I need some help with a pair of Penny Ice that I'm buying - 8053229938.jpg I need some help with a pair of Penny Ice that I'm buying - la foto.JPG Serial Number PI 000249

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

those look good, and i actually have PI000248 !!! seems like something happened to the top part of the frame on the last pic as there shouldnt be too big of a gap there. inspect it for cracks as where the screws hole is for that hinge is a known weakpoint.

Last edited: 9/8/15
    karimo likes this.
  3. karimo

Hi, thanks for yous answer... can you please upload a picture of yours to compare to the picture above and see how it should look.

4. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

sure. I need some help with a pair of Penny Ice that I'm buying - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441665255.930140.jpg

karimo likes this.
  5. karimo

Perfect, thanx a lot.
    By the way do you know the right weight for this model?

6. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

The pics looks legit, and serial is correct for that colorway. Nice low serial too. The only thing is, like dragonvoi said, check that hing out.

karimo likes this.
  7. karimo

By the way, I'm paying $145 ... Is that ok?

8. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

$145 is a deal, provided that the orbital isn't stretched at the hinge, make sure there a no signs of stress fractures. Hopefully you can knock the price down to factor in new lenses and possibly a nosebridge work by the X-Man

karimo likes this.
  9. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

If you see any sort of cracking or a hairline fracture in the area mentioned I suggest walking away. I personally would ensure you test the T6 screws to ensure they move freely especially on the one side.

10. karimo

Where are the T6 screws? Any pics please.