1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ProfessorOz

ProfessorOz Oakley Beginner

I purchased my Romeos 13 years ago with one of my first paychecks at the age of 16. My mom was beyond pissed that I "wasted $300" on a pair of sunglasses. 13 years later, I still wear them everyday. I'm in need of some new lenses and had no idea they had such a cult following online. It's pretty surprising to see that my glasses have potentially increased in value. I find it hilarious that you guys are obsessed about the coins. I definitely had no idea that they had any importance.
    I purchased my Romeos 13 years ago... - IPInDMR.jpg
    I purchased my Romeos 13 years ago... - VdFhvj9.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

You can definitely get some replacement lenses cut for those babies! You came to the right place :) welcome to the forum!

ProfessorOz likes this.
  3. ProfessorOz

These are Romeo 1's, right? Before I spend $9 on two temple screws, I want to make sure they will fit.

4. joecool862

Haha, most definitely man! That design is one of a kind, very iconic! Linegear makes very good quality aftermarket replacement parts for the xmetals. I can personally vouch for the quality of their rubber and screws for my Juliet. The lenses, I'd have some custom cut from a forum member. @InfiniteHero and @xmetalmaniac are a couple of forum members who custom cut lenses. They do a phenomenal job.

ProfessorOz likes this.
  5. ProfessorOz

Thank you for the friendly welcome and the advice. I've contacted both of those members for a quote now.

6. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

What u mean by obsessed about coins?

7. joecool862

No worries! This is a very friendly place. Lots of great people here. I've had many great interactions with folks all over the world on this forum. I hope you'll enjoy it!

8. ProfessorOz

When members are selling Oakley's here, I noticed that people ask if they come with the Oakley coin.

9. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Box and coin add value. Especially if numbers matching.

10. ProfessorOz

I understand that now. As a 16 year old kid purchasing these, that never factored into my thinking.