• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I wonder what X-Metal model I will like best?

Half-X look nice, but I am so sure I would scratch and break the lenses every time I place them down....lol. I'm going to look more into the Madman. The Turbine glasses look nice as well and come with ruby iridium polarized lenses...not many glasses come with polarized glasses that have ruby/iridium lenses. Thanks fellas!! Oh...and I agree, don't care what class glasses are put in. X-Metal or not. I look at the glasses, the lens, and the quality.

Half-X look nice, but I am so sure I would scratch and break the lenses every time I place them down....lol. I'm going to look more into the Madman. The Turbine glasses look nice as well and come with ruby iridium polarized lenses...not many glasses come with polarized glasses that have ruby/iridium lenses. Thanks fellas!! Oh...and I agree, don't care what class glasses are put in. X-Metal or not. I look at the glasses, the lens, and the quality.
Buy what you like man! As long as you like it that is all that matters.

But apparently @jdd32 has had some success fixing these hinges! Although they are no longer spring hinges.

I would consider that "fixing" them only if they were returned to their full, original functionality, i.e. the same spring hinges they were before.

What he's doing I would call modifying them to traditional-style hinges.

But it's just semantics, really... ;)

Gonna go to the store and check out the Badman glasses....either the Polarized Badman in ruby red lens or the Ferrari version in black iridium polarized. They look a tad bit big....just ordered the carbon blade Ferrari glasses. Saw Oakley selling them for $500 and found them NIB for $250. They look nice and not as big.

I saw etched black Ferrari lenses for the carbon blade....I thought the Ferrari blade only came in ruby red polarized lenses. I don't see black Ferrari lenses (with etched Ferrari) anywhere on the Oakley site.

Gonna go to the store and check out the Badman glasses....either the Polarized Badman in ruby red lens or the Ferrari version in black iridium polarized. They look a tad bit big....just ordered the carbon blade Ferrari glasses. Saw Oakley selling them for $500 and found them NIB for $250. They look nice and not as big.
If you like the Sq. Wire 2.0 fit, Badman will be to big for you. I wore Sq. wire 2.0 Springe hinge for years before my First Juliet, now I love the Penny.

Back