• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I wonder what X-Metal model I will like best?

Just got out of the shower...lol. Yeah, I got some custom lenses coming in for this other Penny I ordered...want to put the 1st gen ruby lenses aside. Have to figure out what custom cut lens will look most like the 1st gen ruby lenses that are on the Penny pictured above. I also want those lenses for my SW 2.0s. And I think I will probably end up selling or trading my XS, they are nice and I like them....but a bit big for my face. I would much rather have another Juliet or Penny instead. I even have a new set of polarized lenses for them...so I have to think about what to do with those. I also ordered a Linegear Red rubber kit for it....should have got it for the Penny or Juliet. Ugh...

Just got out of the shower...lol. Yeah, I got some custom lenses coming in for this other Penny I ordered...want to put the 1st gen ruby lenses aside. Have to figure out what custom cut lens will look most like the 1st gen ruby lenses that are on the Penny pictured above. I also want those lenses for my SW 2.0s. And I think I will probably end up selling or trading my XS, they are nice and I like them....but a bit big for my face. I would much rather have another Juliet or Penny instead. I even have a new set of polarized lenses for them...so I have to think about what to do with those. I also ordered a Linegear Red rubber kit for it....should have got it for the Penny or Juliet. Ugh...
My advice, keep them if you don't need the money. There are so many stories of guys on here who had an XS and got rid of it because they didn't wear it anymore/liked some other pair better. Most of them come around and say they wish they'd never sold that XS.

My advice, keep them if you don't need the money. There are so many stories of guys on here who had an XS and got rid of it because they didn't wear it anymore/liked some other pair better. Most of them come around and say they wish they'd never sold that XS.

I hear ya...but really, look at me with the XS on. They look like scuba goggles on my face compared to the Juliet or Penny. Don't ya think??
20150921_191546-1.jpg

They fit you like they fit me. I agree they are a bit on the larger side BUT that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Those have better side coverage than the Juliet or Penny. I don't think they look bad on you at all man. Try an R1, now those suckers are BIG!

Nooooo....Romeos are far too large IMHO. I guess I will go back and forth with the Penny/Juliet and see what I end up wearing most. I will still wear my SW 2.0s when I have to get dressed up in a suit though. I love those glasses and they weigh NOTHING....especially the Ti SW 2.0s. I hope I can find red lenses for them. I got to black frames, one with black lenses...the other has nothing, waiting on lenses. Bought a pair of polarized blue ice ones but put them on m Ti frame. He has a fire iridium set...but now he won't sell them to me. :( (@lee.s.b ) I think he liked the pic I sent him of the fit...I should have taken both off his hands when I had the chance.

XS tends to be a "love it or hate it" frame... Yeah it's not the best match for you but it's not too bad.

But you pull off both the Juliet and the Penny, so I'd say you're a Penny/Juliet guy...

XS tends to be a "love it or hate it" frame... Yeah it's not the best match for you but it's not too bad.

But you pull off both the Juliet and the Penny, so I'd say you're a Penny/Juliet guy...

AGREED! I think I am going to put my XS up for sale/trade here. I also have two brand new sets of lenses for it as well...and a red LINEGEAR rubber set in the mail. I have yet to sell anything here, I'd rather sell here than on eBay. I know I could probably get more money on eBay, but this forum has a lot of nice guys that have helped me out and would rather my glasses (and lenses) go to someone here in this community. I think the XS is a bit more expensive than the Juliet and almost the same price as the Penny...condition pending. That's just a guess from what I gathered by looking at recent prices and such.

Back