• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Im New

I have the 24k x metal xx
Love them
my nose bridge is getting loose
talked to oakley about parts and they said they were all out

Im also looking to purchase a grey pair of the xx
I like them that much.
and I assume the prices may only go up.
I want them with nice ice lenses in the grey ones.

Also
I doubt the authenticity of the replacement x metal xx lenses on ebay since they are extinct and the sellers always have a steady supply.
is there any way to tell on those?

Im also looking to purchase a grey pair of the xx
I like them that much.
and I assume the prices may only go up.
I want them with nice ice lenses in the grey ones.

Also
I doubt the authenticity of the replacement x metal xx lenses on ebay since they are extinct and the sellers always have a steady supply.
is there any way to tell on those?

Part 1: You're talking about XX Plasma frames with Ice lenses. They're super rare and cost $550-$650 if you can find one.

Part 2: Oakley still sells X-Metal XX lenses. Oakley X METAL XX Replacement Lenses | Official Oakley Store
I've not seen them do a run of the Ice before, but I have two sets of Ice X-M XX lenses that a forum member cut for me.

There are several members that custom cut lenses to fit the X-M XX frames... if there's a specific auction in mind, feel free to post it up and we'll give you an opinion...

Love them
my nose bridge is getting loose
talked to oakley about parts and they said they were all out

Sweet! That is the only XX pair I own to date (gen1 with serial). Def. be in touch with THE X-MAN (Mark) if you want them "tuned-up", he does a fantastic job.

Part 1: You're talking about XX Plasma frames with Ice lenses. They're super rare and cost $550-$650 if you can find one.

Part 2: Oakley still sells X-Metal XX lenses. Oakley X METAL XX Replacement Lenses | Official Oakley Store
I've not seen them do a run of the Ice before, but I have two sets of Ice X-M XX lenses that a forum member cut for me.

There are several members that custom cut lenses to fit the X-M XX frames... if there's a specific auction in mind, feel free to post it up and we'll give you an opinion...

I think I want the x metal frame, then just pop some ice lenses in it.
It appears as tho the x metal frame is darker then the plasma one
dark is what I'm after.
its hard to tell from pics.

oakley canada pretty much sucks/ they say they can't get them.
they dont have the lenses
and .com will not ship to me. Ive tried.
so I guess some sellers on ebay have some legit lenses.

Welcome bro, I love the xx and own them all. Great frame. X metal finish is classic and never gets old, it pretty much goes with everything. You can have the members xmetalmaniac, Infinitehero, or Dr.chop cut you ice lenses that will fit just like original sets.

really?
can they get real oakley hdo? maybe even something polarized?

I hear dr.chop doesn't do custom cuts anymore but xmetalmaniac and InfiniteHero still do. Yes, real Oakley, they take replacement lenses for different Oakley frames that have the right curvature and enough surface area (aka "donor lenses") and cut them down to the shape that fits the frame you want. I've bought three sets from InfiniteHero, two of them polarized. He sources the donors himself so all you need to do is PM him asking for the lens color you want and for which frame you want them cut; if he can't source that color he'll tell you what he can get.

I haven't done business with xmetalmaniac but his reputation is stellar as well. They use different techniques - xmetalmaniac traces and cuts by hand while InfiniteHero uses a lens cutting machine. I'd say if lens etching is important to you (like the "polarized" on pol lenses or the plus symbol on IH lenses), then xmetalmaniac is the better choice because he can trace / cut to position the etching correctly. With InfiniteHero you will lose the etching but, with polarized lenses, he ensures the polarization orientation is the same as OEM replacement lenses made for that frame. I went with InfiniteHero because I wanted the correct polarization orientation more than the etching.

Either way, anything you see on ebay with an affordable price is pretty much always 3rd party, not OEM, and you should stay away if you plan to actually wear them, the optics aren't as good. 3rd party lenses also devalue your Oaks. Custom cuts cost more but they're worth it.

And welcome to the forum...

Latest Posts

Back