• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is This RARE/NON PRODUCTION/PROTOTYPE JULIET Legit?

i saw once before in facebook a blue juliet and a blue penny. and the guy who posted the photo said it was a custom job. so seeing that pic gives me enough reason to doubt its authenticity.

i could be wrong, but not until someone or something can back up/confirm the guys claim on his blue juliet then i'll still be in doubt.

i saw once before in facebook a blue juliet and a blue penny. and the guy who posted the photo said it was a custom job. so seeing that pic gives me enough reason to doubt its authenticity.

i could be wrong, but not until someone or something can back up/confirm the guys claim on his blue juliet then i'll still be in doubt.

Did you review the guys story and prior sales?

Im just a recreational oakley collector by this boards standards, and definitely not an Xpert.
I had heard of the purple juliets long before. I think the seller played his hand wrong and should have sold the blue one for $500 first, then offered the two purples.
Who here would buy the purple for $700? I know I would If I was in the market.

Im just a recreational oakley collector by this boards standards, and definitely not an Xpert.
I had heard of the purple juliets long before. I think the seller played his hand wrong and should have sold the blue one for $500 first, then offered the two purples.
i agree with you..

Plenty passed on them at $500. I passed on them, just not my thing.

It's all about what value the individual puts on them. I bought a pre-production Oakley Juliet design sketch for $140. I wouldn't take $1,000 for it.

To me it's a Rembrandt, to someone else it's just a drawing. Is it real? I don't know for sure but a current Oakley designer says so and a high-ranking Lux designer said so too.

But none of that matters, it's mine and I get satisfaction from it. You buy what you want and what it is worth is what it is worth to you.

That's all.

Plenty passed on them at $500. I passed on them, just not my thing.

It's all about what value the individual puts on them. I bought a pre-production Oakley Juliet design sketch for $140. I wouldn't take $1,000 for it.

To me it's a Rembrandt, to someone else it's just a drawing. Is it real? I don't know for sure but a current Oakley designer says so and a high-ranking Lux designer said so too.

But none of that matters, it's mine and I get satisfaction from it. You buy what you want and what it is worth is what it is worth to you.

That's all.

+1 :thumb:

I will say this and you can take from it what you want...

I own a Purple Juliet, I owned it before most anyone knew it existed and I got it from someone that I KNOW worked inside and had access, I was told by that person that there were 2 in existance and I would never see the second. Years go by and I see the second pop up on the Bay, looks similar to mine but not exact and I think "Well I guess my source was wrong". Then the same seller tells me he has another, sends me pictures and tries to sell them to me for $750. I found it odd that the 2 pairs he was selling were exaclty the same, these were supposed to be prototypes so there should be variances because if they are testing why would the make the same exact colorway twice? I email the seller back and address my concerns, never heard back from him. Short time later I hear that now he has a light blue set for sale... Ummm, Ok! YES, I passed!!! Maybe these are truely legit, maybe im an idiot for passing but you all know me and know they would be sitting in my display case long before they ever hit the Bay had I been able to find out absolutely anything regarding these from my sources or even some chatter amongst other collectors before they ever surfaced like there was with the purples.

I am not saying the guys items arent legit, I am saying I have my own opinion on them and I have chosen to PASS on his offerings...

I will say this and you can take from it what you want...

I own a Purple Juliet...maybe im an idiot for passing...I am not saying the guys items arent legit, I am saying I have my own opinion on them and I have chosen to PASS on his offerings...

At least we finally got to see yours. At least we got that for all this.

I don't think that anyone in their right mind would ever tell you that you are an idiot for NOT paying $500-700 for a pair of sunglass frames that outside of our unique, parallel universe are virtually worthless. Not when $500-700 has tremendous value outside this universe. No, I think ya done good!

Back