• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading Jim Jannard signed metal business card

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
Yes, trade value in that ball park. I got PMs asking what I'm basing the value on, and my reply is let the "market" decide based on supply and demand. If I don't get any trade offers my valuation is too high, in which case I'll just keep the card.

I can tell you one thing, it's a hell of a lot easier to find a LNIB MM than a signed Jim Jannard card.
Its also a lot easier to find a LNIB MM than an older Juliet coin. But that doesnt make them equal in value.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Its also a lot easier to find a LNIB MM than an older Juliet coin. But that doesnt make them equal in value.
Sorry man, that's simply not true, the Juliet coin is not rare at all. For the really rare coins, value is through the roof though.

Username Hidden said:
Are you equating A signed JJ business card to a Juliet coin?

IMO, the value of an item is what someone is willing to pay for it. If you have nothing comparable to reference, you've got to put your own price on it based on how valuable it is to you, and I believe this is what the OP has done.

Sounds like the right value. His business card is sick!...I am sure it cost JJ over 50$ each just to produce. The Red logo / emblem is 25$ and to engrave them is not cheap. If you collect its worth a pair of dope Oakley metals fosho. I had him sign my unopened 1st Gen Ruby Juliet's at Red. Now tell me what that's worth? Doesn't really matter though... not selling.lol

Username Hidden said:
Sounds like the right value. His business card is sick!...I am sure it cost JJ over 50$ each just to produce. The Red logo / emblem is 25$ and to engrave them is not cheap. If you collect its worth a pair of dope Oakley metals fosho. I had him sign my unopened 1st Gen Ruby Juliet's at Red. Now tell me what that's worth? Doesn't really matter though... not selling.lol
IF it was a Oakley business card I could see it being worth what is being asked in trade (or maybe closer anyways)

This is hilarious how everyone wants to inject how a sale should be. That's why I hate selling on here. Everyone thinks things should be $2

Username Hidden said:
IF it was a Oakley business card I could see it being worth what is being asked in trade (or maybe closer anyways)

To some people Jim Jannard IS Oakley. But I do admit that many collectors associate value only to the brand name. For others its about the legacy and the ideas behind it all. Both are reasons for collectors so I guess you have to find someone who appreciates both. But, I would say its at least worth a few Benjamin's for sure. Why? because if he wants to sell it to me I will pay that right now.

Pm me if interested.;)

Username Hidden said:
This is hilarious how everyone wants to inject how a sale should be. That's why I hate selling on here. Everyone thinks things should be $2

No, it's 2$ + 4% Paypal :gotcha:

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:

I've always said a seller should have the right to list at the value of their own choosing and not be berated for it, especially not publicly on their own sale thread. If someone has a different opinion of the value, it should communicated privately or kept to theirself. This is a very cool and rare item, and the value is in the eye of the beholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.