• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

sharjt

I should Work at Oakley
Huntsvegas, AL
I would like to suggest that the join date be displayed under the user avatar, much like a lot of other forums. My reasoning goes along with the rampant post whoring addressed in another thread.

As my signature states, I don't post often but I'm always here and I don't see a need to post to every farking thread with an "I don't know" answer

I am suggesting this so that everyone will be able to see who is a post whore with high numbers (but only been here for 1 month) and who has been around long enough to deserve the respect of an opinion given even though they only contribute when it is an actual contribution.

Regards

Shar

Last edited:
Rustpost I agree with you the only problem I have with that is some people don't have the same definition of Respect as others! So who gets to be the judge then?

Thanks for your concern Rustpot. It's not a matter of disrespect, but one of knowing who actually is deserving of respect for their input on any particular subject.

I agree we should respect the thoughts and opinions of all members but we may need to decipher who is just throwing out an unfounded / inexperienced opinion vs. those known to have the answer. I have an idea of whom I'm going to listen to or give credence to on the forum but new member who aren't postwhores don't know the difference between someone who just like's the sound of their own voice vs. someone who only comments when necessary.

This was also not meant to disrespect anyone. Just a suggestion based on the premise that most people first come to a forum such as this for advice.

Last edited:
I will work on bringing back the join date. But I disagree with judging any members based on their post count/join date. I agree with Rustpot, that everyone deserves respect, or at the very least to be heard.

I understand you want to decipher who is "credible", but at the same time, some members just don't post a lot, or just lurk, but are HUGE collectors. I'm just saying a lot of people are still finding this site, or just joining after reading a while, but are still serious collectors and very knowledgable. I don't want to see every time a new member posts something, everyone just teams up and discredits him because he's new or doesn't have a lot of posts. At one point, everyone was new.

Join date has nothing to do with how valuable your input is. I have seen noobs that know way more than I do, and long time members who don't know much. And last time I checked, Jim Jannard joined a lot later than Sharjt. I wonder who knows more about Oakleys?

Thank you Boss. Once again this isn't about disrespecting or discrediting anyone. Just another tool that will help someone make a better discision based other people's advice from this forum.

I don't want to see every time a new member posts something, everyone just teams up and discredits him because he's new or doesn't have a lot of posts. At one point, everyone was new.

I didn't even consider this as a scenario. So thank you for this perspective as well.

Join date has nothing to do with how valuable your input is. I have seen noobs that know way more than I do, and long time members who don't know much. And last time I checked, Jim Jannard joined a lot later than Sharjt. I wonder who knows more about Oakleys?

This is a very good point and one that I have considered as well. Please don't think that i assume to know more than Anyone about Oakley. I was just trying to contribute.

I totally understand. I didnt mean offense, just making a point. I have been here longer than a lot of guys who know waaaayyyyy more than I do.

Back