• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I would also just like to state that I don't really mind postwhoring. I think it can add some levity and humor to a lot of situations.
I just wanted the ability to decipher who has given alot of comments over time vs. those that like to be part of alot of conversations.

You can always just put the pointer of your mouse over the members name and look at the very bottom of the screen and it give you the member #. Not as accurate at a join date but you can judge a little based of the amount of members. For example, SHARJT is 3577. I'm 5150.

oakmem.jpg

You can always just put the pointer of your mouse over the members name and look at the very bottom of the screen and it give you the member #. Not as accurate at a join date but you can judge a little based of the amount of members. For example, SHARJT is 3577. I'm 5150.

oakmem.jpg

Never noticed that, good find.

I tested the join date in the side profile and it just looked really cramped/way to much info over there, especially considering it isn't something everyone is concerned about. However as Batman pointed out, if you would like to know the join date of someone, you can simply click on their avatar and it will tell you "Member Since" like so:

f2is.png

What do you guys think?

imho, i think it would be interesting to have the join dates just because it shows how long youve been a supporter of the site and a member of the community. from being on numerous forums, and some much larger than this one, join date means absolutely nothing and i think the entire concept of judging someone's input based on that date is so infuriating that id rather not have the join dates just to spite that kind of thinking.
this site is very different than others i am on - there is a true sense of community and helping others out here that just doesn't exist elsewhere.. to add prejudice to the site based on a join date is disappointing to say the least

Back